Uneven IMS 200IM shower screen

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jeffreylam98

#1: Post by jeffreylam98 »

Hello everyone, I have an IMS200im shower screen on my Expobar E61 office lever HX, during these 2 weeks, I found the 'mouse tail' is on the right side instead of middle, this repeated absolutely same every day and every cup. I am sure I have no problem of my tamping technique, since I am using an OCD and a Fly-Tamper. Do I need to replace it ? Did anyone heard of this problem ?
I did take it down for cleaning and it looks normal, no broken

HoldTheOnions

#2: Post by HoldTheOnions »

Are you sure it's not pushed in on one side? Reason saying I jammed coffee on my screen when first got it and it bent part of it in and pulls did the same thing, I removed and pushed out and fixed it. If not, maybe try turning the screen 180 degrees and see if the mouse tail moves with it. If it does, then definitely the screen. If not, then it's something else.

Advertisement
jeffreylam98 (original poster)

#3: Post by jeffreylam98 (original poster) replying to HoldTheOnions »

Thank you for your advice, I will try it today. You mean the ground coffee jammed into the edge of the shower screen ?

HoldTheOnions

#4: Post by HoldTheOnions »

I mean it pushed up on the screen and part of it bent in (up?), but couldn't see it until I took it out. Did exactly what you experience, all water went to that side. I just pushed it out from the inside and works fine now. May not be, but rotating should give a clue I think.

tohenk2

#5: Post by tohenk2 »

You could also check the grouphead with a plumb level?

jeffreylam98 (original poster)

#6: Post by jeffreylam98 (original poster) »

I have turn the shower screen 180 degrees, then the mouse tail follows the shower screen. I have checked the shower screen and it has bended, but I have no way to fix it. Now I am using the original expobar one