Troubleshooting issues with used 4 group La Marzocco Linea EE

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
jonesbrndon

#1: Post by jonesbrndon »

Hi everyone,

We just purchased a used machine (that someone had in their basement), and we're trying to get it running. I have searched quite a bit for some answers, but haven't come across an exact match to the issues yet. The machine is a 4 group Linea EE.

Issue 1: The right side brew boiler is not getting full power. It only gets 110v and takes forever to heat up. The left side heats up like normal and receives 220v. We thought it was the heating element at first and replaced it with an extra one we had in storage.

Issue 2: The autofill doesnt work, as in when the machine is empty and the switch is on, the pump is not activated. The only way to fill the machine is with the manual fill switch. The pump also works when the brew switch(?) (when pulling a shot) is activated. I have removed the wire from the probe that lets the brain know that it needs more water, and I have also removed the wire from the board itself, and still no autofill. The pump is wired exactly as we received it, and according to the prior owner the machine worked fine except that the right side brew boiler wasnt working.

Thanks for reading, and hopeful replies. I will respond with pictures if need be.

kize

#2: Post by kize »

Here is a link to an excellent resource to start- including how the machine functions work and troubleshooting http://api.ning.com/files/8oM3Z9AJN*1FO ... Manual.pdf

Compass Coffee

#3: Post by Compass Coffee »

1) Need to trace wiring and determine why/where not getting 2nd 110v leg for the 220v to that heater.

2) Sounds like bad auto-fill controller. Could also be bad wiring/connection between auto-fill controller and pump...
Mike McGinness

hugz

#4: Post by hugz »

I'm a bit tired, so excuse me if this test makes no sense.

With the machine off, unplug the probe and using a multimeter, test if there's any continuity between the end of the probe lead and the boiler (or chassis, I think). If there is, you must have a short in your autofill circuit somewhere, which would explain why it's not filling.

If there's no short then I guess it's something more complex