A Trip to the Elektra Factory in Treviso Italy

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cipan

#1: Post by cipan »

I'm an American Microcasa a Leva owner who is currently in Venice on vacation. I was lucky enough to arrange a trip to tour the Elektra factory in Treviso, Italy which is a thirty minute train ride from Venice. I wanted to share some photos from the trip!
The visit started in the assembly room. Most of the parts, except electronics are made here. Parts are welded, sanded, polished, fired and painted in this room.
Here a Belle Epoque is being assembled.

Boilers of my Microcasa a Leva's siblings waiting for a finish.

Next we were taken to a quality assurance and packaging room. The man pictured is running each machine for an initial mechanical inspection and checking for any issues with the finish.

Next we were taken to the room where electronics were checked, boilers and groups checked and where each machine undergoes it's 48 hour final test.

The view of the testing area

A machine produced by request as a (relatively) high quality capsule machine.

The finished MCaLs being tested

This room is equipped with an Elektra Semiautomatica and Elektra Nino so that the works are happy and 'efficient'.

At the rear of the room the shells are placed on larger machines

And behind there is a test room with a variety of machines

My tour guide and new friend Philippe posing

The table where the first Elektra, originally "La Tarvisium", the ancient Latin name for Treviso, was created

Machines on display

These machines are in storage at a back room for later restoration and display in an espresso museum at the factory. Philippe joked he's happy the job's not his, it'll be a lot of work!

We finished the trip in the display section of the usual welcoming center where there is a section of machines showing large developments to Elektras machines.

And a room of the current models

And a final espresso shot prepared by Philippe, along with a few shots of history behind the counter

A few books I was gifted to take home!

The trip was amazing! I had an amazing time and was just shocked at the amount of care put into every single machine. The experience really highlighted the quality of machine that this company produces!

Enjoy the photos! :D

Beaniac

#2: Post by Beaniac »

Great photo's thanks for sharing!

Advertisement
aves

#3: Post by aves »

Thanks very much for showing your photos. Great company, great products.

Headala

#4: Post by Headala »

Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a lovely vacation. Was it hard to arrange the tour?

bluesman

#5: Post by bluesman »

That is fantastic!! Thank you so much.

canuckcoffeeguy

#6: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Great tour and report!

cipan (original poster)

#7: Post by cipan (original poster) »

Headala wrote:Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a lovely vacation. Was it hard to arrange the tour?
Very easy, actually. I just went to their corporate website and filled out the 'contact us' form saying that I would be in the area and was interested in seeing the factory. I got a response from Mario Malavasi that it could be organized. It was very kind of them considering that Thursday is Republic Day, a national holiday, in Italy and it is a busy half-week as a result. I was surprised that I was able to connect with someone directly at the factory so easily, but after seeing the care put into the machines first hand it makes complete sense!

Advertisement
doubleOsoul

#8: Post by doubleOsoul »

Cole, thank you so much for posting - really great photos. You got to go on what would be my dream field trip. I would love to see how my Belle Epoque, A3, Verticale, MCALS and grinder are made.

IMAWriter

#9: Post by IMAWriter »

Cole, that was a wonderful tour, excellent photos, and just a joy to look at. Thanks many times over for sharing your tour with us. I hope you have many years of enjoyment with your machine!

bronsht

#10: Post by bronsht »

Cole, Thank you. Now each time I look at my MCAL I shall think of your photos. Great stuff.