Thumb screw for rotary pump pressure adjustment

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
spearfish25

#1: Post by spearfish25 »

I'm using a Profitec Pro 700 and brew pressure adjustment is controlled by a flathead screw under the machine via a cutout in the underside of the casing. It's tedious to get a screwdriver in there without hanging the machine over the edge of the counter. Now that it's plumbed and drained, moving it requires disconnecting lines.

Has anyone found a way to change the recessed flathead screw for a readily adjustable thumb screw? It would be a nice improvement to have a thumb screw that extends below the casing that you can reach more easily and without tool. You could even start doing some caveman pressure profiling on the fly.

KevinAlvord

#2: Post by KevinAlvord »

I believe the flathead screw has a hole drilled through the center. Not sure why but it seems like it is there for a reason.
LMWDP #532

Advertisement
spearfish25 (original poster)

#3: Post by spearfish25 (original poster) »

Can anyone see theirs to see if a hex socket can fit on it? Sometimes the screws are combo flathead and a hex head. That would at least allow a socket to be placed on it.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

There is no hex on the pressure adjustment screw.

Get a 1/4" "stubby" screwdriver (total length = 3.5") from any hardware store. File 1/8" off the end to make the blade end thicker. Now use a hacksaw to cut the screwdriver in half, reducing its length to ABOUT 1.75".

The pump is a Fluid-O-Tech model CA 054Z . . . I will try to add some part numbers to the diagram later.

Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

spearfish25 (original poster)

#5: Post by spearfish25 (original poster) »

Thanks! I ordered this to give it a go. I tried an offset ratchet and offset non-ratchet screwdriver but they're too hard to maneuver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A32 ... ge_o01_s00