Testing Expobar Brewtus III with SCACE thermofilter - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
lex490

#11: Post by lex490 »

I found a offset of 6c for my Brewtus III.
But to be sure we have to use a scace

mariowar

#12: Post by mariowar »

Pardon my ignorance in the subject. According to Todd told me, the offset is already embedded in the displayed temperature ,therefore, there is no need to be tweaked.....

Any idea what was the original offset temp?

Thanks

sjjan (original poster)

#13: Post by sjjan (original poster) »

The temp on the display was (factory default) quite exactly the temperature offset needed between the boiler temp and the temp going into the basket. The Vibiemme shows only the real boiler temperature. The Brewtus III measures the boiler temp but offsets it for the difference in temp between the boiler temp and below the brewhead. To me the factory defaults were pefect, but then again I could double check them with the SCACE.

To be honest I do not even know how to change the offset temperature. The temp on the display is already an offset temperature and not the boiler temp. Right? If I set the temp on the display to 92 degrees celsius, the actual temp in the boiler is higher, approx. 102-104 degrees celsius (if water can have an higher temp than 100 is must have something to do also with the pressure settings, I believe).

I have not found a settings menu on the display to set the offset to something else than what is set by the factory, right?

lex490

#14: Post by lex490 »

Hello Sjoerd Jan,
My dutch is better then my English. So i give u a link where u can find how to change ur PID settings.
It is a story about the PID from gicar, exact the same as the one in the Brewtus.
http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/izzo-alex ... d-settings
Good luck