Synesso Knight mystery

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Gustopher

#1: Post by Gustopher »

Hi all

I live in Australia and have recently been helping a friend with equipment to set up a cafe.
We came across a used Synesso knight that was being used in a francise (the seller had two for sale). I did a thorough search but could find no mention of it at all anywhere on the internet. I contacted Synesso and the Synesso importer several times but received no response. After a bit of deliberation we decided why not and she ended up purchasing it.

The machine is a two group dual boiler volumetric machine with PID and saturated groups.
From what I have ascertained it may be a precurser to the cyncra. I've read that the Sabre was developed for an Australian customer who insisted on volumetrics and I'm wondering if this may be the the first run of machines they made for this customer? That would place it around 2006-2007

So i'm wondering if anyone out there has any information on this machine? my curiosity has been piqued and I do like a good mystery.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Looks more like an 80's Audi Quattro than an espresso machine from the front end. I quite like it though. Good luck with your hunt. It's unfortunate that Synesso is going cold on you.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

I would write to Synesso directly. They were very responsive to me when I was seeking to fabricate a drip grate for a vintage restoration.

http://www.synesso.com/

They sent me the exact drip grate on that machine for their cost. It was installed on early models of the Cyncra.

I then mutilated it to create this:

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

walshman

#4: Post by walshman »

HaHa I like that :lol:
TomC wrote:Looks more like an 80's Audi Quattro than an espresso machine

Gustopher (original poster)

#5: Post by Gustopher (original poster) »

I've just sent a third email to Synesso. Hopefully i'll have better luck this time around.

erics
Supporter ★

#6: Post by erics »

How about the old-fashioned way of picking up the phone? Synesso is a very responsive company.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

#7: Post by Gustopher (original poster) »

I've considered it but I live in Australia and international call charges and time difference are a bit of a pain.

drgary
Team HB

#8: Post by drgary »

I called them. That's how I got through. They were immediately responsive. With Skype and Internet phones these days there's got to be a way to make that call without breaking the bank.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Capitol

#9: Post by Capitol »

TomC wrote:Looks more like an 80's Audi Quattro than an espresso machine from the front end.
It's a volumetric PID'd double boiler 1980 Quattro for sure!

Gus, I have to cruise into town to grab some beans tomorrow. Synesso is just down the road from where I'll be. I can try to swing by Synesso and get an answer to your question if you like.

#10: Post by Gustopher (original poster) »

That's brilliant. I will be referring to the machine as Quattro from now on!

If you have the time that would be fantastic capital. Cheers