Synesso Baskets - group buy!!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JonR10

#1: Post by JonR10 »

OK y'all! Here's the dealio....

EDIT! This offer is for a VERY limited time. maybe today only....

I cannot get to CoffeeGeek.com so we're going to try to do this here instead. Maybe it will work and maybe not!

For those of you who know, there is a recent CG thread about baskets, and we have decided to put together a group buy. So tell your friends! I am going to make the purchase myself, and I'm thinking we will just get 18 gram baskets (see image below). They cost $9.79 ea. from Synesso and after shipping to me that will be ~$10 each + shipping to you. I plan to ship in USPS flat-rate envelopes (approx $4 each to anywhere in the US).

So shoot me an email. I'm JonR10-at-yahoo.com and I take paypal at the same address.
Your cost will be $10 each and I will just ask for $5 shipping for each shipment to cover "shipping and handling".

Here is the deal:

Some people have asked for "double" and "single" baskets, and we COULD get some of the 14gr above, but I'd rather KISS. There are no single (7gr) baskets and I talked with Mark at Synesso and he said the 14gr basket is the same as most on the market, it's the 18gr basket that's special.

So let me know! I want to do this quick and as easy as possible (it's already growing outta control!!)

Cheers y'all,
Jon

OkcEspresso

#2: Post by OkcEspresso »

Jon, is it unique because it is sized between a normal double and normal triple?

Chris

Compass Coffee

#3: Post by Compass Coffee »

JonR10 wrote:So let me know! I want to do this quick and as easy as possible (it's already growing outta control!!)

Cheers y'all,
Jon
Just a suggestion, set a cut off time/date. (PayPal already sent :wink: )
Mike McGinness

JonR10 (original poster)

#4: Post by JonR10 (original poster) »

OkcEspresso wrote:Jon, is it unique because it is sized between a normal double and normal triple?
Hi Chris,

Not only is it larger than a standard double and can still fit a standard E16 PF, but the slight tapered shape seems to help promote more even extractions than the more straight sided 21 gram basket (according to the guy at Synesso). MarkP from CoffeeGeek sez these baskets are made of slightly heavier-gauge stainless and that the hole pattern is more even and uniform as well.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#5: Post by cannonfodder »

That 18g basket looks like a Gaggia basket that has been stretched. The 21 looks like a super sized LM ridgeless (or triple).

Being out of the loop on the CG thread, what is the difference in the basket VS a LM?

EDIT

Never Mind
Dave Stephens

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#6: Post by RapidCoffee »

JonR10 wrote:For those of you who know, there is a recent CG thread about baskets, and we have decided to put together a group buy. So tell your friends! I am going to make the purchase myself, and I'm thinking we will just get 18 gram baskets (see image below). They cost $9.79 ea. from Synesso and after shipping to me that will be ~$10 each + shipping to you. I plan to ship in USPS flat-rate envelopes (approx $4 each to anywhere in the US).

So shoot me an email. I'm JonR10-at-yahoo.com and I take paypal at the same address.
Your cost will be $10 each and I will just ask for $5 shipping for each shipment to cover "shipping and handling".
I'd like two of the 18g ridgeless doubles. Email sent, and I'll Paypal ya tonight.

Thanks for organizing this group buy!
________
John

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB »

Please put me down for three, PayPal on the way...
Dan Kehn

HunkaBurninLove

#8: Post by HunkaBurninLove »

Jon,

Put me down for 2 of the 18g doubles, please.

Email on the way.

doleeo

#9: Post by doleeo »

Jon. Sent you the paypal, looking forward to trying the new basket!

JonR10 (original poster)

#10: Post by JonR10 (original poster) replying to doleeo »

I'm not sure I got it - and your profile doesn't have your real name.
Send me an email or PM to confirm, OK?