Strange pump issue with Rocket Cellini EVO V2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
baristabrian

#1: Post by baristabrian »

I purchased the Rocket Cellini EVO V2 about 6 months ago. I have it direct plumbed and it has worked fine "mostly" from day one. However it has done something strange on 2 occasions so far, once about 2 months ago, and once 2 days ago.

What happens is, the machine will have been on and functioning fine for hours and then all of the sudden the pump comes on buzzing louder than normal and will not stop. Its as if it thinks the boiler is empty and needs filled when it does not. I have observed that while it is doing this you can not get steam from the steaming wand, hot water from the hot water nozzle, nor if you pull the brew lever no water will come from the group head.

Both times this has happened Ive checked to make sure that nothing is interrupting the water feed to the machine and both times everything was fine. The pressure coming from the Everpure system is 70psi and the pressure at the regulator just before the machine is set to 42 psi.

The only way to make it stop is to turn off the machine and leave it off for several hours. Then you can turn it on and it functions normal.

I put in a call to the vendor where I purchased the machine and their tech said he had not heard of this specific issue before, but indicated that is sounded like it might have gotten a pocket of air trapped somewhere???? The tech didn't sound very confident and neither did I.

Anyone heard of this issue with this machine or have any clue what could be the problem?