Strange noise coming from my Andreja Premium, 5 months old - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
CyclingCraig

#21: Post by CyclingCraig »

My Anita has/had that same noise. I adjusted the brew pressure back up to what it came from Chris Coffee. Set it to about 10 Bar on the Gauge on the front panel, which equates to about 9 Bar at the puck (According to my home build PF Gauge (see above post)). And my noise got MUCH better, only a twinge here or there, but MUCH better.

I am pretty sure the noise can't be bad, it is just a harmonic caused by water passing by the valve when bleeding off brew pressure?
Craig

bigdog002

#22: Post by bigdog002 »

My Anita just started doing the same thing. I have my pressure set for 9.9 on a blind. I didn't make any adjustments immediately prior to the noise starting.

Talked to a tech a Chris's .. as was said it's just a harmonic and a slight adjustment to the OPV should fix it.

Mine is not as bad as the audio in the previous response. Don't think I'll worry about it until it gets louder or starts to really bother me. It may even go away on it's own as the parts break in.

BTW -- does anyone have a link to the easy on/off replacement screws for the Quick Mill machines? I thought I saw a thread awhile back talking about black plastic knob screws. Having those sure would make life easier.

Thanks,

Chris

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#23: Post by HB »

bigdog002 wrote: BTW -- does anyone have a link to the easy on/off replacement screws for the Quick Mill machines? I thought I saw a thread awhile back talking about black plastic knob screws. Having those sure would make life easier.
From the Buyer's Guide to the Quickmill Alexia:
erics wrote:If Alexia or Anita or any other machine that has short M4 screws to be removed/replaced on a "regular" basis, these are nice replacements:

These are M4 knobs available from McMaster-Carr (P/N 62935K11, $1.33 each) and rubber washers from your local hardware store.
Dan Kehn

bigdog002

#24: Post by bigdog002 »

Just pulled my 3rd double of the day and the noise was gone. Great shot too :D

Go figure.

Thanks for the screw info. I ordered 6 of them. If they fit fairly well I'm going to suggest to Chris that he carry them and offer to his customers. The Anita shell is very easy to remove, a bit more difficult to put back on without shim or extra hands.

Chris

lsf (original poster)

#25: Post by lsf (original poster) »

Since Dan was refering to this post to help someone with noises problems, I thought it might be usefull to update this post and add the end of the story...

Unfortunatly, my local store has been totaly helpless at sourcing the problem. All the time they were really nice but this wasn't enough to find and fix it. The technician at Christ Coffee, when I decieded to phone him, found it in less than a minute... The faulty part? The seat inside the OPV appeared to have some scale deposit on it preventing it from closing properly. The solution has been to descale de machine and to add a real water softener to prevent any further scale building. My machine now runs normaly without any funky noise. Finaly...