Steam Power Drop Isomac Tea

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
larsschwarz

#1: Post by larsschwarz »

Hi all,

since some weeks i'm experiencing a steam power drop on my Isomac Tea. When i close the steam knob it takes about 2 secs until the steam stops (let's say "it dies slowly"). I first thought there's some milk left somewhere in the steam wand so i removed it and cleaned it - no change. Brewing pressure is just fine and constant when using the blind basket...

Any ideas?

another_jim
Team HB

#2: Post by another_jim »

The older models have steam and water valves on which the seals need to be replaced after two to three years use. These are the ones with the valve body inside the case. I do not know if the later ones, with the valve body on the outside, have this problem
Jim Schulman

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

There is a rubber plug on the end of the valve stem that seats against the inlet tube from the boiler. There is a ring around the tube (like a donut) that the plug seals against. They get hard and compress over time and the rubber plug no longer seals good. All it needs is a new rubber insert, but they are not a replaceable part. You have to replace the entire valve stem. I think they are $25 ish but it has been many years since i looked. If you want to cheat a bit. You can drill out the rubber insert in the valve stem, then cut a new gasket from some gasket material the same size. Problem is getting it back into the hole. The end of the valve flairs in to hold the gasket in place. You have to cut it big so it will stay put. I did it once. I had to cut a small taper on the back of the gasket to fit inside the roll crimp on the end of the valve stem. Put some food safe lube on the gasket then push of all your worth to get it to pop into the cup. But it worked, cost me all of a couple dollars and I did not have to wait weeks for a replacement stem to show up. FYI, I had a millennium but the Tea is the exact same innards.
Dave Stephens

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

PERHAPS, this is what you need:

If you were in the US, it would be no problem to order from this source - http://espressocare.com/Qstore/Qstore.c ... team+Valve .
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

larsschwarz (original poster)

#5: Post by larsschwarz (original poster) »

hmmm... k, i'll have a look at it when opening/closing the steam, guess i should see or hear if that seal causes the problem. i'll get back to you guys then :)