Speedster pics - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
AndyS (original poster)

#11: Post by AndyS (original poster) »

gyro wrote:Have you had a chance to have a look at its temperature stability yet?
Early testing showed it's not quite as good as my Tricked-out Silvia, but of course, what is?

Anyway temp stability ain't everything....

Hot water button is just an electric momentary contact that opens a solenoid valve.
-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company

networkcrasher

#12: Post by networkcrasher »

So one has to open the hot water valve up top, then press the momentary contact to start water flow on the tea wand?

AndyS (original poster)

#13: Post by AndyS (original poster) replying to networkcrasher »

The hot water valve up top doesn't seem to do anything. So you don't do anything with it, all you have to do is push the button to get hot water.
-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company

networkcrasher

#14: Post by networkcrasher »

Ahh that's what I had hoped. Didn't make sense to have two motions to activate hot water.

the_deal_maker

#15: Post by the_deal_maker »

@networkcrasher

There are some GS3 paddles out, not officially but available if you are well connected. It was (officially) scheduled for Q4/2008, but now shifted to somewhere in 2009 (summer, my guess).

Andy, show us some motion pictures... please !!!

Ken Fox

#16: Post by Ken Fox »

nice shots, Andy!

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

hbuchtel

#17: Post by hbuchtel »

AndyS wrote:The hot water valve up top doesn't seem to do anything. So you don't do anything with it, all you have to do is push the button to get hot water.
That is one of the strangest things I've heard in a while! :!: (considering how much thought apparently went into the design, that is)

It looks like the hot water outlet is positioned perfectly for cleaning the pf/basket between shots.. is that how you use it?

Regards, Henry
LMWDP #53

AndyS (original poster)

#18: Post by AndyS (original poster) »

hbuchtel wrote:It looks like the hot water outlet is positioned perfectly for cleaning the pf/basket between shots.. is that how you use it?
Yes.
the_deal_maker wrote:Andy, show us some motion pictures... please !!!
This is better than anything I could do. :)
Ken Fox wrote:nice shots, Andy!
Thanks, Ken.
-AndyS

networkcrasher

#19: Post by networkcrasher »

the_deal_maker wrote:@networkcrasher

There are some GS3 paddles out, not officially but available if you are well connected. It was (officially) scheduled for Q4/2008, but now shifted to somewhere in 2009 (summer, my guess).
Well, I just ordered a GS/3 last week, but no option of paddles. I HOPE that there is a retrofit kit for the paddles.

the_deal_maker

#20: Post by the_deal_maker »

Honestly, I have some doubts that this may work. Paul already mentioned it somewhere else, it might be difficult to integrate the paddle brew group into a standard GS3 - it is a different approach from a technical perspective. I am asking myself who has told a lot of geekies that the the paddle is retro-fitable?