Slayer paddle mechanism versus true pressure profiling

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
matt1203

#1: Post by matt1203 »

Hi, I was surfing the Slayers web today, any members here know if Slayer's paddle mechanism is true manual adjustable paddle which can control the pressure manually during the brewing cycle or it is another LM GS3 preinfusion> brewing>stop kind of design?

also I am thinking what's the difference if we preinfusion at 3, 4 bars then start pump to 9 Bar's pressure to making shot, or we do 3 or 4 bar preinfusion and progressively rise to 9 bar to brew espresso shot?

any inputs?

Arpi

#2: Post by Arpi »

paddle is line pressure (LP) or pump pressure (ON). But you could change the duty cycle and maybe get different results. For example, if each part is 5 seconds:

LP-LP-ON-LP-LP-ON
ON-ON-LP-LP-LP-ON

Using more LPs tends to favor acidic-strong cooffes. I do this on the expobar brewtus.

Cheers

GlennV

#3: Post by GlennV »

Neither. The pump is on for the whole shot. There's an adjustable flow restriction (needle valve) between the preheat and brew boilers, and the paddle opens up a parallel path. Plenty of pictures on the slayer site under the description of Slayer 2.0. It's more flow profiling than pressure profiling. There's a good description at http://baristafail.com/?p=8.