Silvia V1 wand or Latte Art wand for Gaggia Classic?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
IntrepidQ3

#1: Post by IntrepidQ3 »

About a month ago I received my classic and it comes with the panarello wand. I found that it was rather useless with or without the sleeve that comes with it. So, I happen to find the gaggia latte art wand attachment.

Of coarse, the latte art wand is useless without the provided sleeve that comes with it. (why is it that these attachments come with a useless sleeve?). Without using the sleeve I found an improvement. I was actually able to get that glossy finish that I have been reading some much about. Even got some art with it. Still the texture is not where I would like it be.

I have been wondering if I can do better. Has anyone used both the latte art wand attachment and the Silvia V1 wand?

If you have, which seems to do an overall better job?
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud

Mouldy

#2: Post by Mouldy »

Hi there.

I have not seen or used the latte art wand you referred to, but I once had an old Gaggia Classic that I installed a Silvia V1 arm onto. I did this because I hated the stock pannarello wand. The Silvia wand worked very well on the Classic and enabled achieving the glossy "wet paint-like" consistency and texture very easy.

kidloco

#3: Post by kidloco replying to Mouldy »

+1 on this. I use Silvia V1 on my Gaggia Baby and I am very satisfied.

IntrepidQ3 (original poster)

#4: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) »

Thank you for the input. I have yet to find someone that has had experience with the Latte Art want from Gaggia.

Anyways, i just ordered the Silvia wand. Now I wait.
"As you know, an explorer's temperament requires two basic qualities: optimism in attempt, criticism in work."-Freud

njtnjt
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by njtnjt »

I just ordered the Silvia wand too. It seems there is a lot of positive comments about using one on the Gaggia Classic. We can compare notes once we use them:)
Cheers!
-Nicholas

God wants us to walk but the devil sends a limo.

LMWDP #414

#6: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) »

njtnjt wrote:I just ordered the Silvia wand to. It seems there is a lot of positive comments about using one on the Gaggia Classic. We can compare notes once we use them
Sounds good. I will let you know how it goes!

SJM

#7: Post by SJM »

Darn, I didn't even have a problem with the OEM steam wand on the Classic, but I was thrilled when I added the Silvia v1. Microfoam was never so easy. I turn on the steam as soon as the temperature has cruised up to 240 and she steams like a champ.

njtnjt
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by njtnjt »

Hi Susan,

I am having some difficulty getting good results with the stock wand. The Silvia wand looks a bit like what is on my old La Pavoni which steams like a champ. By all accounts it should be easier to get good results with it. My results are uneven at best and some of this is lack of experience on my part for sure. Good equipment can make up for some of that lack... I hope :)
Cheers!
-Nicholas

God wants us to walk but the devil sends a limo.

LMWDP #414

#9: Post by IntrepidQ3 (original poster) »

I just got my Silvia wand in the mail. I am having difficulty installing it. I am unable to get the original nut to get off the original wand.

How do you do this without cutting it in half?

MNSTA

#10: Post by MNSTA replying to IntrepidQ3 »

When upgrading to the silvia wand there is a little threaded adaptor you need to fit it,

Most places which sell the wands also sell the adaptor for the Gaggia/ silvia steam wand upgrade.