Santa Needs a New Procon Pump!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mspIggy

#1: Post by mspIggy »

Greetings, Santa Needs a New Procon Pump

Santa has a laurentis machine vintage 1996 that looks allot like this one
Laurentis rejuvination project (moved from alt.coffee)

Pump started to 'hesitate' then would spin and supply water, then finally it simply stopped - it is colpletely seized

Motor seems fine - operates with pump removed

Perhaps one of Santas Helpers may have a pump they wish to sell?

I sourced one locally for a whopping 189.00

Huge thanks

We use this in our flower shop - so this does not get much use - maybe tops, 7 shots a day...

Minneapolis

Iggy

duke-one

#2: Post by duke-one »

These are available from multiple sources on the web, check EBay etc. I'd also suggest that you flush out the discharge line from the pump as debris from a failed vane pump could cause trouble after the replacement.
KDM

mspIggy (original poster)

#3: Post by mspIggy (original poster) »

Great Ideas...

I am a bit confused however with the nomenclature on my pump reading

Procon C051509L

This C051509L is not 'googling'

what should i be looking for to replace this?

huge thanks

Iggy

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by mitch236 »

Despite what's been suggested, I was unable to find a direct replacement on eBay. There is a thread describing how to try to save your pump. I would try that first. There are also less expensive pumps. Search espresso parts northwest. Sorry I can't be more specific but I'm enjoying disneyworld!!!!

duke-one

#5: Post by duke-one »

Procon does not reconize that number on the search function of their website so call them when they are back in or as Mitch said E.P.N.W. should have it. If you put the "C" next to the "L" Procon has lots of hits. There also should be cross-reference charts from one make to the others but they may all be about the same $.
Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

MDL

#6: Post by MDL »

I don't know about swapping from Procon to Fluid-o-tech but you might also contact Fluid-o-tech on the east coast (CT). When I needed to replace the pump in my Vivaldi I was able to order directly from them and save a substantial amount compared to any of the coffee places.

erics
Supporter ★

#7: Post by erics »

Send the pump here: http://www.jcbeverage.com/index.html - probably about $35-$45. Santa won't have far to travel as they are located in your state.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

mspIggy (original poster)

#8: Post by mspIggy (original poster) »

*** WOW ***

JC Beverage -- This outfit turned my pump around "Good as New" and is sending it back to me VIA Speedy Delivery - All of this within them having had the pump for less than 6 hours, and best of all, for under $48.00!

*** WOW ***

Sure does not say much for ESI (espresso services inc) here in Minneapolis who advised me the pump was not serviceable, and then offered to sell me a new series 2 procon pump for a whopping 189.00

When i get this pump back, i will take it in hand to them and show the folks at ESI they have lost a client as i believe they were less than honest with me. There are other parts suppliers here in the Twin Cities -- and i surely will be dealing with them for my future needs.... Too bad, i drive by ESI almost daily and now have a very bad taste in my mouth by their refusal to service my request - Perhaps they should have offered to send it out on my behalf?? Sounds like JC Beverage is a "Supplier" of this sort of equipment and surely ESI is familiar with their industry partners....

Santa is now happy

As to getting this DooDad back into the machine -- How best to flush the lines? and how should i set the Bar Pressure - should i put in a blank or run grinds?

HUGE Thanks

Iggy