Salvatore's New Dual Boiler Machine in the works?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
MR.STEWART

#1: Post by MR.STEWART »

I just read a post from another forum stating Salvatore is about to unveil a dual boiler machine soon. Now all the specs are not etched in stone, however it is supposed a little bigger than the GS/3! No date was given as of yet but so I have read lots of comments as to what he should do to his machines, adding a vacuum breaker, PID, deeper drip tray and so on. When I placed my order for my machine Salvatore said he wasn't a fan of PID's. Someone else mentioned he was old school. I would agree. I guess thats not the case anymore. From what I read the machine will have dual boilers, E61 lever, 2 pressure gauges, rotary pump, pid, a vacuum breaker, 128oz, reservoir, plumb option, and a larger drip tray. That doesn't sound like a GS/3 to me. So for the sake of not starting a gossip thread. I would like to know from Salvatore fans what would you want from a salvatore machine?

duke-one

#2: Post by duke-one »

I've been working on a major upgrade to dual boiler PID, machine to last me through retirement, looking at Speedster, Linea, but now I'll have to consider Salvatore. That the factory is just down state (well, 200 miles or so) from me counts for something. How is the repair record for his machines?
KDM

Randy G.

#3: Post by Randy G. »

The benefit of a DB machine is the ability to precisely control the brew temperature. Salvatore has an excellent reputation, well-earned by the excellent design of his machines and his workmanship, but I would personally not consider a DB machine that did not have PID brew boiler control. Might as well go for a HX and save the money. On the other hand, going from a HX to a DB recently, I lean strongly to DB machines. They just make a lot of sense.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

darilon

#4: Post by darilon »

RandyG: I believe pid is listed on the anticipated feature set.

Duke-one: Well, he does have a 6 year warranty, if that means anything to you.

onthego

#5: Post by onthego »

MR.STEWART wrote: I would like to know from Salvatore fans what would you want from a salvatore machine?
Brew boiler should be regulated by PID
Use a saturated brew group similar to LM, Speedster, Synesso etc., instead of the E-61
Footprint as small as possible.
Run on standard household 120 volt circuit.
Base model price at or below $5000.

rbh1515

#6: Post by rbh1515 »

Cool, now there is a pic of it on the Salvatore site. Specs are coming and the machine is to be PID controled. Salvatore makes a great machine. I bought my dad one some years back and it is still going strong. I have always liked the look of his machines and the construction is first rate.
Rob

Marshall

#7: Post by Marshall »

onthego wrote:Use a saturated brew group similar to LM, Speedster, Synesso etc., instead of the E-61.
Keep in mind that Salvatore is a small workshop and may not be in a position to order custom-cast brewheads.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Randy G.

#8: Post by Randy G. »

rbh1515 wrote:Cool, now there is a pic of it on the Salvatore site.
That is absolutely gorgeous! The repeated design of the drip tray and cup warming tray, the custom knobs, the repeated circular designs of the feet, gauges, and knobs, the black side panels, beautiful signature on the side panels, and the subtle red initial on the knobs and red ring on the gauge spacers. I am not fond of the blue display, but everything else about it would have me driving to Solvang if I had disposable income. For subtlety and beauty I think that is one of the nicest new machines I have seen in may years.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by pizzaman383 »

I think it looks pretty cool.

Is that a picture or a CAD mock-up?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by uscfroadie »

The picture looks promising, though it looks heavily CGId. As for the knobs, while they look cool, they'd get very hot after a while unless some sort of insulator was used. Also, anyone noticed that there are no breaks in the metal from the cup warmer all the way down to the drip tray? Just one more reason to suspect CGI, in addition to the feet being in focus but resting on an out of focus table.
Merle