Rotary pump pressure slowly dropping

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Gaius

#1: Post by Gaius »

Hi guys,

I have this strange problem, I mean i don't even know if it is a problem or some bad behaviour with the machine or is it just me trying to have everything perfect :D

So i recently bought a Duetto 3 and when it was new rotary pump reached something in between 9.5-10bar and i was getting lots of cream which i initially liked it. I had a water softener cartridge on from the beginning then a friend of mine told my that they say its not "healthy" to restrict incoming water to the rotary pump (vibe is different) and then i removed the cartridge and cut the hose to make it more angled (so it doesn't get clogged by the wall of the tank) and from that moment on i started to notice a change on the pressure gauge. No i am using the "tea bag" water softener for the water reservoir..

When just flushing the grouphead it reaches 8.5bars, when extracting the shoot at the beginning it gets to 9.1-9.2bar and then slowly dropping to 8.9..
When backflusing with blind filter it reaches 9.2-9.1 and then it starts to slowly drop to9.0-8.9 and stays there or might do a little jumping in the 9-9.1 zone... I have noticed today that when i am just flushing the group the gauge reads 8.3-8.4 not even 8.5 anymore like it did before.

I would have to strip down the whole body to get to the pressure screw and i don't really know if it is worth it? Do you find this behaviour strange or is it just me being paranoid or am I relying on that pressure gauge too much?

I tried to search for something similar and couldn't find it, i would appreciate your opinion?

Thanks

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

Do you have a pressure regulator on the supply line? A non balanced bypass pump will fluctuate in pressure as the input pressure fluctuates. You may be seeing changes in the supply pressure.
Dave Stephens

Gaius (original poster)

#3: Post by Gaius (original poster) »

No, no pressure regulator. I am using stock reservoir.

Gaius (original poster)

#4: Post by Gaius (original poster) »

Anyone please? What would you do?

Thank you