Rocket with stuck steam boiler gauge

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
borislav

#1: Post by borislav »

Hi,

The steam gauge on my Rocket Evoluzione v2 has become (mostly) stuck. It indicates 1 bar with the machine at temperature but doesn't visibly move with the heating on/off cycle, or even when I open the steam valve. If I turn the machine off and let all the steam out, it drops to 0.8 bar, then takes ~15 minutes to drop to 0. Otherwise, the machine is fully functional - good steaming power, normal brewing.

It's basically behaving like something has blocked the capillary tubing to the gauge. Perhaps a piece of scale has become lodged in there? I descaled the machine a couple of weeks ago, but things were fine until yesterday.

Any advice before I try removing the tubing/gauge? Is the capillary tube on the Rocket detachable from the gauge side or only from the boiler? I can't tell from the parts diagram.

Thanks,
Borislav

F1

#2: Post by F1 »

Same thing happened to me once. I solved it by removing the end of the tube that connects at the boiler. I sucked some water out of the tube, reconnected and it's been working ever since. I do have another problem with my machine though, but that's another story.