Rocket Cellini Evoluzione - does it shift when locking in portafilter?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Rico

#1: Post by Rico »

Hello,

I Have a Rocket Cellini Evo V2 on its way and I wanted to plumb it in. My question is will the lack of water weight in the tank be an issue when I crank the PF in? I could tell when my Silvia was getting low because it would move the machine when I loaded it. I have never seen a Cellini in real life, so it may be heavy enough with an empty tank.

Thanks, Richard

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

The E61 type espresso machines I've used don't shift around unless you really gorilla tighten it. My Rancilio Silvia portafilter required a lot of torque to seal; I needed to break that habit when I upgraded. FWIW, the Cellini weighs 46 pounds (dry) versus 30 pounds for Silvia.
Dan Kehn

mfogliet

#3: Post by mfogliet »

I had a felt pad under each leg for easier movement to access the tank (not plumbed and under a counter). Even still there was no movement when locking the pf.

jgirl125

#4: Post by jgirl125 »

I've never understood why some people "gorilla" the PF into the brew group. I've always been able to use a moderate amount of force, just enough to get a good seal without torquing the machine to the point where it would move. Keeping a fresh brew head gasket that pliable will help to make the seal work with less force. I always have a spare one on hand as they are pretty inexpensive.

My Giotto weighs about 21kg and it generally isn't moving unless you try really hard.