Riviera Eagle steam valve repair question.

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Skibrain

#1: Post by Skibrain »

I just bought a Riviera Eagle that appears to have almost no use. It was posted as a floor model.
Since I have a Riviera Baby Lusso (Thomas E. Cara machine bought new from him 25 years ago that is still like new. I knew to check all the wire connections and plumbing prior to firing it up.
Everything turned on pressured up and I pulled my first shot.
But when I opened the steam valve, nothing.
Cooled it off took it apart and found the same thing that Simon Archer's rebuild found. The end seal portion was not connected to the main valve section. See picture and or Simon's description here and (more eloquent than I) quoted below:
simonarcher wrote:This is awkward. If you close the steam wand, it seals the bottom of the mechanism where steam escapes into the pipe. If you open the wand, however, it comes out of its housing, and remains plugged at the bottom of the mechanism. I'm not sure how to explain this, but the problem is that it is probably not meant to be removable from the mechanism at all. I suppose schematically, it looks something like this:
So the steam pressure holds it closed. I can take a large paper clip straightened then bend a 90 into it so I can stick it into the bottom of the valve when wand is removed and the steam releases. ( See picture of the piece out of the valve, It is hard to explain.
I guess my question is, does anyone have a fix for this or where to get parts?
(?Thomas E. Cara)

Saddest part of this is once I get it fixed, I am going to sell it because my wife doesn't like the copper. She likes the original Chrome one I bought 25 years ago. I think it may reside in the garage.
Help please.

artcien

#2: Post by artcien »