Risky Location of Pump on Alex Duetto? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
malachi

#21: Post by malachi »

Me: "Honey, you know how the espresso machine is really loud and all the cups on top vibrate and rattle?"
Her: "You know I hate that!"
Me: "Well I was thinking of putting the pump down under the counter in the cabinet below. I'd have to mount it to either the underside of the counter or the bottom of the cabinet - where you'll never see it. The only problem is that I'd have to drill a 1.5 inch hole in the very back of the counter top. But if I do this there would be no more rattling and vibration...."
What's in the cup is what matters.

itsallaroundyou

#22: Post by itsallaroundyou »

since all parts fail eventually, duetto owners should assume it will be a problem someday, prepare for the worst and retrofit as it suits their needs and situation. potential duetto owner's should ask themselves if they are up to doing what it takes to safeguard against pump failure, and purchase accordingly.

as for the external pump solution, those of us that are renters can't modify our kitchens, no matter how much we try to convince our landlords that a coffee bar is an important addition to the house :)
"If it wasn't for venetian blinds it'd be curtains for us all"

Advertisement
dsc

#23: Post by dsc »

Hi guys,
those of us that are renters can't modify our kitchens
You don't have to sometimes, it depends on the kitchen sink. I'm renting a flat and have my rotary pump outboarded sitting under the sink, the machine sitting next to the sink so I can run the drip tray tube straight into it. The machine is plumb in only (Elektra T1) and I've ran the tubing through a hole in the kitchen sink where a plastic plug was previously fitted (usually kitchen sinks have two holes for the tap so you can choose how to install it, of course using one means the other one has to be covered with a plastic plug).

Can't say that putting the motor straight under the pump in a vertical arrangement is a great idea. And saying that they had to do it because there was no place inside a case doesn't really make it better.

Regards,
dsc.