Reviving Futurmat Ariete? - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
djmonkeyhater (original poster)

#41: Post by djmonkeyhater (original poster) »

Flowmeter dissection....

Here's the IC out with some more rubbery stuff underneath. On the bottom of the IC is that black thing which seems to stick down. I think it's a magnetic pickup because....

on the inside is an impeller with some metal parts molded in. Magnets seem like a good way to transmit that through that deep recess in the center to the IC. It measures twice in a single revolution which seems like a pretty high resolution. The impeller spins for a good 5 seconds after I stop blowing on it. Impressive for a little nylon wheel on a pin.

So the wires were falling out and now I've torn it apart. I need a new one for sure. Luckily for me, there's a repair place with a parts department within 4 miles of my house. A quick run down there and I get a new flowmeter top. The tech there told me that if the impeller looks ok and spins well - I can start with the lid. So $50 gets me a new lid that, of course, doesn't look the same as the OEM one.

It's not even the same brand. I asked the tech there about 5 times to swear to me that it would fit because I might not survive another issue. He did.