Repair Poly Tubing Between OPV and HX on Expobar Lever?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
rideold

#1: Post by rideold »

I've been getting pinholes in the polyethylene 1/4 inch tubing that runs from the pump/OPV then into the HX. This is the brew side of the system. The machine came to me with this line broken and I've replaced it three times now over a period of years. The specs on the tubing are 120psi which is on the edge of what it needs to be. I'm pretty sure my opv is set a little above that. I've looked around and can't seem to find anything to use that is both food grade and has a higher psi. Anyone have any suggestions? This is a 10 or so year old Expobar Office Leva. I didn't think to snap a pic the last time I opened the machine up but I found a passable one here that I added a red arrow to indicating which tube I'm referring to. Thanks for the help.

PaulTheRoaster

#2: Post by PaulTheRoaster »

I can't speak to its longevity, but I've been happy with "Super-Smooth Clear MFA Tubing" from McMaster.

erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

Go here: /downloads/ and take a look at the Expobar Lever Parts Book (Page 10). You will see that that tubing is M6 x 4 Teflon and I'm sure Whole Latte Love or McMaster-Carr will sell you all you need.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

rideold (original poster)

#4: Post by rideold (original poster) »

Brilliant. Thanks much. I didn't even know about the downloads part of the website.

The tubing must have been replaced before I bought the machine used because it was just polypropylene tubing at that time. Makes sense why I keep having to replace it. I kept thinking it was strange that the tube was not up to snuff for the pressure. The person I got it from had a new vibe pump installed a few years before I bought it so the repair company must have replaced it and not with the right part.