Removing side panels of ECM Technika Pro to adjust brew pressure

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RogerAN

#1: Post by RogerAN »

I just got my ECM Technika Pro up and running, but the pump pressure gauge struggles to get to 8 with the blind filter basket in place. I will have to remove the side panel to get at the adjustment screw, but I cannot find a way to get the bottom rear screw of the right side panel removed. If anyone has experience with this, I would sure appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

kwantfm

#2: Post by kwantfm »

That's strange... I have adjusted the OPV but didn't need to remove the side panel, I did (from memory) have to remove something from the top. I have a Technika Profi IV.
LMWDP #602

Advertisement
blueface

#3: Post by blueface »

RogerAN wrote:I just got my ECM Technika Pro up and running, but the pump pressure gauge struggles to get to 8 with the blind filter basket in place. I will have to remove the side panel to get at the adjustment screw, but I cannot find a way to get the bottom rear screw of the right side panel removed. If anyone has experience with this, I would sure appreciate suggestions. Thanks!
Roger, the brew pressure adjustment via the expansion valve is located at the top for vibration pump model. If yours is the rotary pump model, the adjustment is done at the bottom of the machine. Both do not require you to remove the body panel to gain access to brew pressure adjustment.

damonbowe

#4: Post by damonbowe »

Yeah, what the other guys said. No need for that much effort!

RogerAN (original poster)

#5: Post by RogerAN (original poster) »

I did remove the top cover, but I still don't see anything that could be adjusted with a screwdriver or coin, as the manual suggests.

It reads, "You can individually adjust and change the brewing pressure by turning the adjusting screw, choosing a value between approx. 8.5 and 12 bar.
To adjust the brewing pressure, proceed as follows: 4 Choose the desired brewing pressure by turning the adjusting screw with a coin or a flat screwdriver. You can reduce the brewing pressure by turning the screw anti-clockwise and increase it by turning it clockwise."

I talked to the tech people and they indicate that 8 bar is fine for brewing, so I'll live with it as is.

Thanks for your replies. I always appreciate those who take the time to respond to "newbies" questions.

erics
Supporter ★

#6: Post by erics »

It reads, "You can individually adjust and change the brewing pressure by turning the adjusting screw, choosing a value between approx. 8.5 and 12 bar.
That owner's manual statement is intended for ECM machines fitted with a vibration pump. Since this manufacturers' machines have been sold in the US, multiple configurations have been available. The dominant model sold today (ECM Technika IV Profi) is one that has the ability to either be direct plumbed or draw water from the reservoir. That model is fitted with a rotary pump and is likely the one you have (?)

This thread - ECM Technika IV Profi Review - which is HB's review of your machine has loads of good info.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

#7: Post by RogerAN (original poster) »

erics wrote:That model is fitted with a rotary pump and is likely the one you have (?)
Yes, mine does have a rotary pump, which necessitates adjusting the OPV near the lower part of the machine. For now, I will leave things as is, but "curious minds" like to know and I still don't see a "screw" adjustment down the left side of the inner works. Thanks for your reply and clarification on what the manual is addressing, erics!

Advertisement

#8: Post by RogerAN (original poster) »

Sorry, I meant to say on the "right" side of the inner works.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by JohnB. »

If you have a rotary pump wouldn't the pressure adjustment screw be right on the side of the pump body?
LMWDP 267

#10: Post by RogerAN (original poster) »

John, You and others have indicated that, but as I said, I didn't, see anything that looked like it was something that I could adjust. I'll have to study the situation more closely. For now, I have put the cover back on and will leave well enough along. Thanks for your input.