Red Lion automatic shot timer

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bikeminded

#1: Post by Bikeminded »

Ordered the high voltage CUB7TVS0 version today from Amazon....
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0090NTCL6/ref=biss_dp_t_asn
http://files.redlion.net/filedepot_download/213/3792
Looks stupid simple to add as a automatic shot timer to a machine. Counts up when voltage is applied to 1 and 2. That's it. Reset button on front.
Prelim plans to wire parallel to the pump...probably with just some piggyback spade connectors.

walshman

#2: Post by walshman »

Looks interesting.

Bikeminded (original poster)

#3: Post by Bikeminded (original poster) »

That worked just fine. You can see it tucked up on the lower panel to the left of the scale. Right button is reset. Wired parallel to pump. In the one pix you can see a couple small orange wires that come from the timer piggybacked to the pump power.

I did use a plasma cutter to cut the 1/32 DIN hole. Worked fine, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you know what you're doing. Plasma on stainless makes a real clean cut.

The timer also comes with a backlight version. Would have been nice, but didn't want to mess with the 5vdc power supply it needed.

chuckcoffee

#4: Post by chuckcoffee »

Bikeminded

Nice job. Looks part of the unit. I was thinking of having mine outboard with a plug to make removable. No access to a plasma cutter for this type of work. Do you know what the backlit versions of red or blue looklike? Does it just turn them into a red or blue LED?

Bikeminded (original poster)

#5: Post by Bikeminded (original poster) »

It looks like the unit comes in a Red or Green for around a $25 upcharge. I think this is more of backlight lighting, but not sure.

The only reason I used the plasma cutter is because I couldn't figure out how to get any saws I had in that tight space. Maybe in a different location it would be easier. There wasn't any 'real estate' left behind the panel on the upper part of the machine.