Rattle Trap

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tkenny53

#1: Post by tkenny53 »

I have the Brewtus IV with the rotary pump, the pump seems pretty quiet, but the rest of the machine is like a rattle trap. I have taken the screws off all the covers and drain pan removed. It seems better. But when it is back together it is just noisy. I have rotated screw torque and tried different ways to put this together. Anyone else have this problem? I am looking to buy another DB with a rotary pump, so I may want a less rattle trap machine.

Compass Coffee

#2: Post by Compass Coffee »

The Quick Mill Vetrano 2B is amazingly quiet. One of the first things that surprised me when I first fired it up a year ago and still is. At least mine is.
Mike McGinness

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

You say the pump is pretty quiet; but unless you have a ghost in the machine, it's the pump that's inducing the rattles. So your best approach may be either outboarding the pump (putting it under the counter); or creating a much more vibration isolated mount. This includes checking for unwanted case contact of the pipe/cable/hose from the pump head to other parts of the machine.

Note that this is generic advice; and actual Brewtus owners may have a fix for this that requires a lot less trial and error.
Jim Schulman