Rancilio Silvia shower screen won't sit flush

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Mick&Nellie

#1: Post by Mick&Nellie »

Has anyone ever had a problem with the shower screen on their silvia not sitting flush against the dispersion plate after taking it off to clean it. I recently disassembled it to clean it and cannot get it to sit flush now. Does I need to replace the shower screen? And if so does anyone recommend replacing the assembly with a screw that sits flush with the screen?

soundklinik

#2: Post by soundklinik »

I don't think you need to replace it, unless it is damaged.
I have the same machine, clean the shower once a month and it fits over the brass assembly, which fits into the "head". Take it off and see IF it fits together before reinstall.

MNSTA

#3: Post by MNSTA »

Mick&Nellie wrote:Has anyone ever had a problem with the shower screen on their silvia not sitting flush against the dispersion plate after taking it off to clean it. I recently disassembled it to clean it and cannot get it to sit flush now. Does I need to replace the shower screen? And if so does anyone recommend replacing the assembly with a screw that sits flush with the screen?

I would say you have probably reassembled it wrong, take it back off and check it,

You can purchase a flush mount shower screen upgrade kit from pidsilvia.com

Thanks.