Rancilio S26 Restoration & Replacement Parts

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
oschetrit

#1: Post by oschetrit »

Hey all,
I've posted here earlier to get some feedback on possible issues but haven't gotten much love so I'm trying another route...
I've taken on the restoration of an old Rancilio S26 that has been taken care of pretty well other than the fact that they never used any filter or water softener or any gasket upkeep :roll: That being said, I'll need to do some serious descaling as well as part replacement. I was wondering if anybody knew/knows what parts are interchangeable between models (old & new) and what the best places to shop are. I've checked out espressoparts.com but dont know of many others. any help / advice welcome...

thanks!!

oren

EBSpokane

#2: Post by EBSpokane »

http://www.cafeparts.com has a lot of parts for all variety of makes/models of machines. For most parts, between them and espressoparts.com I've found just about everything I've ever needed.

good luck to you!

oschetrit (original poster)

#3: Post by oschetrit (original poster) »

nice- thanks!
Will probably start a new thread with pics once I get started. will post a link from here.

Oren

CRCasey

#4: Post by CRCasey »

I have done a total rebuild on the S-27 and have rebuilt the processor board so if you run into problems I am here.

-C
Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love-CMdT, LMWDP#244

#5: Post by oschetrit (original poster) »

CRCasey-- thanks for the hand!

(Edited after progress)
So, I have the thing taken apart completely and most parts soaking in a citric solution. Will post pics soon, but haven't had the chance to create a flickr account or something of the sort.

Anyhow-- after some feedback I have a feeling that there's an issue with the solenoid that feeds the boiler / heat exchanger. (Pic below)
I haven't gotten to dealing with it yet nor am I sure if it's a problem (haven't tried running it since first acquired), but want to make sure that I can reach / access everything before putting the whole gig back together...

Is it worth taking the thing apart and figuring out the details or should I just go for a new one? If answer is new one, can you point me in the right direction? I've looked through some websites but can't seem to find the right one. Mine seems to be made by honeywell?

thanks!

oren

#6: Post by oschetrit (original poster) »

maybe a bit impatient for the whole forum thing. Already taken apart descaled and put back together. Now onto the steam and water valves...

#7: Post by oschetrit (original poster) »

CRCasey, help please.
I'm back at square one. i've taken the whole thing apart, soaked, descaled, brushed, reattached. a few hiccups along the way, mainly the fact that I broke the safety thermostat while bolting back together, so bypassing it for now. Anyhow, once all together I hooked it up and turned it on. Pump kicks on to fill the boiler, then heating element on once boiler was filled. to there all good. However, when I flip the switch for the group head, I hear the front solenoid kick, yet I dont hear the back one and nothing comes out. Maybe a bit from the heat pressure but definitely no serious flow. the pump also doesn't kick on. any thoughts?