Quickmill Silvano recovery time

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
edsweed

#1: Post by edsweed »

Workflow for two cappuccinos:

After proper heat up, draw 3-4 oz hot water into empty cold cup. Dose and engage portafilter. Pull shot and begin steaming 4 oz cold milk. Combine into cup. Clean machine and begin process for second cup.

Question: Will I need to wait for the machine to reach proper temps at any stage in this workflow, or is the machine recovery time such that it will be ready when I am?

Thanks,

Ed

innermusic

#2: Post by innermusic »

Once the machine has been on for say 30 minutes, I've found that it recovers very quickly between shots. We're talking under 30 seconds. I suspect you will rarely if ever find yourself waiting for the machine when you're making capps.
Steve Holt
Trent Hills, Ontario Canada
Vivaldi II, Macap MXK, Baratza Vario

edsweed (original poster)

#3: Post by edsweed (original poster) »

How about Silvano's steam power. I do approx 4-5oz of milk. Do you get a powerful enough swirl to incorporate the foam? My small amount of milk should not take very long, but what is the quality of the resultant microfoam? Thanks.

innermusic

#4: Post by innermusic »

I'm not the right guy to answer that - I'm an espresso guy, and don't do much in the steamed milk dept. But I do get a good swirl when I do steam milk, I'm just not very good at it alas.
Steve Holt
Trent Hills, Ontario Canada
Vivaldi II, Macap MXK, Baratza Vario