Quickmill anita - she wont turn on!!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jimi

#1: Post by jimi »

Hi all,
fairly new to the world of espresso machines - i bought a Quickmill Anita less than six months ago and falling in love with it!!
BUT - two days ago she just would not turn on - nothing - no lights, no pump - nothing....
i bought it on-line so having trouble getting much help from the guys i bought it from - they have said "Please rearm the thermostat that is the automatic rearm button on top of the boiler."

so i opened up my Anita and found what i think is the thermostat on top of the boiler but no button...not sure what the problem is - all was going well and no signs of trouble before this happened - dazed and confused..

can anyone give me any idea what i can do to fix her?? :?

Kfir

#2: Post by Kfir »

They are probably referring to the part called "Resettable hi-limit".

Look here, maybe it will help you to figure out where is it:

Buyer's Guide to the Quick Mill Alexia

Kfir.

Advertisement
Compass Coffee

#3: Post by Compass Coffee »

Have you confirmed the basics? Specifically first tested the outlet to confirm it's providing power? More than once I've had someone report a defective unit (be it computer, monitor, whatever) when in fact it was not being fed power because of bad outlet, bad power strip or tripped circuit breaker at the panel. Speaking of circuit breaker visual inspect looking like it isn't tripped not good enough, can be tripped and still "look" in the untripped position, need to toggle breakers off-on to be sure. If definitively yes power to plug good next would be to test the power at the switch in and out... If not competent using a volt meter and following electrical flow path you'll probably need to have someone who is work on it.

Boiler hi-limit would have nothing to do with unit not powering on at all me thinks 99% sure. I'm sure of nothing 100% except death and taxes. :shock:
Mike McGinness

WWBeagle

#4: Post by WWBeagle »

In my Anita experience, if the unit is getting power, the left green light will light. it simply indicates mains power is connected and is not impacted by the boiler protection circuit. I, too, would guess power is not getting to the unit.

jimi (original poster)

#5: Post by jimi (original poster) »

Thanks for the feedback-you put me on the right track and yes,it's a power issue -all fixed with a new switch. :D

WWBeagle

#6: Post by WWBeagle »

Was it the main toggle switch?