QuickMill Anita Pressure Drop, Now Leaking

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
ashfurrow

#1: Post by ashfurrow »

Hey all. I've got a QuickMill Anita. Two years old. Only recently descaled (I know, should have been doing it regularly). It was experiencing a drop in pressure while pulling shots down to 4-5 bar. I descaled twice hoping to fix it. No joy. Then today I noticed it leaking water out of the bottom. I turned it off and plan on opening this weekend to poke around.

My question is: what should I be looking for? Has anyone had a similar problem with an HX machine before? TIA!

ashfurrow (original poster)

#2: Post by ashfurrow (original poster) »

For anyone else finding this thread, I've found a youtube video showing exactly what's going on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVE5K2QZGMg

The poster of the video claims that the pump was burnt out. I've ordered a new one and will let you know.

CyclingCraig

#3: Post by CyclingCraig »

Yup,

It's the pump for sure!..

I have an QM Anita (For over 7 or 8 years now). Mine was doing the same EXACT thing, sounds and everything, but actually a little worse and the pressure would bounce while pulling a shot.

Fortunately my sister lives down the block from Chris Coffee and I had them drop off the machine, they confirmed it was the pump and installed a new one. Been working perfect now for 3+ years.

Good luck
-Craig
Craig