Quickmill Alexia - external water supply - any advice?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
AUSTINrob

#1: Post by AUSTINrob »

Well, I've been running my QM Alexia for almost 2 years. I love it - but I don't love pulling it out from under the cabinets to refill with water every 3-4 days. I assume that I can just modify the intake hose so that it is long enough to reach into a water tank beside the machine. Will the extra length in draw through these hoses have any negative effect on the operation of my machine?

Also, has anyone found any water tanks that "look nice" to reduce the eyesore of extra gear on the counter top?

I would love to see some modification pics too for inspiration!

Thanks!

-Rob

Juanjo

#2: Post by Juanjo »

cheers,
Juanjo

akallio

#3: Post by akallio »

AUSTINrob wrote:Will the extra length in draw through these hoses have any negative effect on the operation of my machine?
In theory it can, but in practice people (including me) have not experienced problems. Or at least any that I've heard of.

TimEggers

#4: Post by TimEggers »

Once the lines are filled you should be fine. Just run the pump in short and spaced out bursts until the machine is filled and flowing. Don't run the pump (or any pump) dry for any longer than you have to.
Tim Eggers

LMWDP #202

JmanEspresso

#5: Post by JmanEspresso »

IF you're putting the external tank next to the machine, it should'nt be a problem. Currently, my tank is right next to the machine, touching it. I did, at one point, have it about a foot or so away from the machine, and just used barb connections to extend the tubes. Worked ok for me. External reservoir is very nice.. As you can always see the water level, and you can fill it without moving your cups.

Here is my setup...

Notice the clear container to the right of the machine?