Quick Mill Andreja Profiles 1

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
solock

#1: Post by solock »

Looks like Quickmill is stepping into the profiling espresso market! Noticed this as I was investigating my new vetrano.

http://www.quickmill.it/eng/domestic-co ... les-1.aspx

Tis interesting times indeed...
There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.

JmanEspresso

#2: Post by JmanEspresso »

Thank you for posting this. My first thought is, I want it. Obviously I dont know anything about it other than how it looks, but, thats my first thought.

Very interesting times indeed. Another year or two I bet most of the well known brands of high end home machines will offer a profiling machine. Its kinda like the dual boiler race all over again :)

F1

#3: Post by F1 »

JmanEspresso wrote:Very interesting times indeed. Another year or two I bet most of the well known brands of high end home machines will offer a profiling machine. Its kinda like the dual boiler race all over again :)

Very true. I like the fact that it looks smaller than the Vesuvius although I am just judging from that photo. It looks very much like the Lucca M58.

Compass Coffee

#4: Post by Compass Coffee »

I wonder what characteristics of the current Andreja other than name it will share, i.e. HX? That would seem a strange move to me. But zero technical info' on the site yet just pics so who knows.
Mike McGinness

malling

#5: Post by malling »

I mailed them, and although I didn't got allot of details out of them this is what I understand so far.

The machine is basically a pressure profiling version of a V2b with different panels, portafilter and lever activated hot water and steam. The machine uses PID controlled T.E.A coated boilers, with a 0,7l brewboiler and 1.7l Steamboiler, just like the v2b there is drain plugs on both boilers and the same combined vacuumbreaker and saftyvalve on the steamboiler.

It uses a gear pump with 5 individual profiles with 7 stages, set from the factory, each of these profiles can be changed to ones desire just like Vesuvius and R60. And profiles can be brought back to factory settings. The machine can not be operated from App, but if the demand for such feature is high enough they'll consider adding it in later versions.

The machine has an on board timer so can be set to switch on and off

So no stainless boilers, Quickmill has chosen to use what already works and then just upgraded it so child diseases should be kept low, and would most like be related to software.

Everything is controlled from the touch screen above the group

All in all it looks like a nice machine, but would love to see pic from inside, and hope they cleaned up the birds nest

pcivic

#6: Post by pcivic »

New video!

Looks awesome! Maybe I still like Vesuvius more and expect that price will roughly the same, but lets wait until first home reviews are made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAarxhuAbg

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by FotonDrv »

I sure would like to see one of these in person!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Bob_McBob

#8: Post by Bob_McBob »

I am dying to know why so many Italian designers apparently think Comic Sans is a good font choice for espresso machines.
Chris

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

pcivic wrote:New video!

Looks awesome! Maybe I still like Vesuvius more and expect that price will roughly the same, but lets wait until first home reviews are made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAarxhuAbg
Listed here online for $2800GBP,
http://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/proddetai ... profiles-1 . I am not a fan of the Vesuvius styling, I the think QM styling is better, and the pressure profile graphics in the video are cool. Very interesting!
LMWDP #371

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by FotonDrv »

The QM machine has the PID located above the Group, the hottest part of the exterior of the machine. Looks like a real hand burner to me. The Vesuvius has the PID offset to one side of the Group.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train