Pump wiring for La Marzocco Linea 2AV

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
pclode

#1: Post by pclode »

Hello,
I need help with my La marzocco linea 2av 1996.
I need to wire in the pump, Ive tried wiring it in using a linea schematic but it still doesnt work. (brown on white single as pictured) (blue on blue).
I picked this machine up recently and it came with no cords. the power is easy enough and the machine works fine except no pump pressure. the pump itself does work I think I do not have the wires wired correctly. There should be an image of the block below so if you can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Ive tried wiring it in using a linea schematic . . .
And where did you obtain that schematic?
Before you fry your control board (big $), I would check out the schematic here: /downloads/ . I would also send an email to LM-USA and request a schematic for your particular machine.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

pclode (original poster)

#3: Post by pclode (original poster) »

Hey thanks erics,
Thanks for the link, its pretty comprehensive! There is one problem though, now I have another option on how to wire in the pump. Anyway yes I actually got the schematic from LM themselves and it appears that it is not identical (or at least the pump wiring) to my machine or the other schematics here! So the schematic I have from LM has it connecting into the white single wire and the blue wire in the junction. (this doesn't work). The schematics here have the pump connecting into the white and the red wires. It sounds like these are correct but rather than burning out my $800 ecu it would be awesome to get some more re-assurance from people much more knowledgeable than me! My model again is the 2av 1996 with the 16 pin wizard ecu.

Billc

#4: Post by Billc »

Just be careful about the wire colors. The switched wire changed in color from blue to red in the later 90's early 2000's.

Just make sure that you trace the wires for correct position and realize that the wire color may not be the same (mostly red and blue).

Bill

pclode (original poster)

#5: Post by pclode (original poster) »

Thx guys! Got it working! The wire color switch is what got me! Now next problem is it's heating gets to about 0.5 bar (steam side) and the thermal overload trips. I can probably spend the next few days reading up about this but if any quick tips are out there it would be appreciative!
Thx