Proteo Grande Parts

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
nashsnazzy

#1: Post by nashsnazzy »

Hello all! I have an old Proteo Grande machine that needs some new gaskets and a new water reservoir. I've tried to reach out the manufacturer with no luck via their email , info@g3ferrari.com, and the form on the website. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do?

XCman

#2: Post by XCman »

Those were made by Saeco. Most of the parts and seals are interchangeable and easy to obtain.
Try Stefano's espresso care or Parts Guru. One of them should have what you need.

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

I vaguely recall some of the *$s machines labelled this way being Gaggia Coffees. If that is the case, it's also easy to get parts. The basket for the Saeco has a 53mm diameter, for the Gaggia, a 58mm diameter, so it's easy to check which it is.
Jim Schulman

XCman

#4: Post by XCman »

Looks like Jim is right. If you go to Parts Guru website, it looks like the Gaggia Carezza.

nashsnazzy (original poster)

#5: Post by nashsnazzy (original poster) »

Thanks for the help. I'll check with Parts Guru today. I really need a new reservoir in addition to seal and such. Hopefully they will have one.

nashsnazzy (original poster)

#6: Post by nashsnazzy (original poster) »

It turns out the water tank was the same as the Saeco Semiautomatic Espresso Classic. I now have a new tank in my possession.

I think I need to change the water tube on this machine. It looks nasty. Any ideas on what size I need or do I need to go back to Ed @ Parts Guru and ask him?+