Profitec Pro 700 vs. Lucca M58 (Quickmill Vetrano 2B)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jon.sauer

#1: Post by jon.sauer »

There is an older thread on this topic but it ended with lots of questions rather than answers because the Lucca was new at the time and the Profitec was fairly new as well. Does anybody have experience with any of the two? Are repair parts easy to come by for the Profitec? My main questions are concerning temp stability of the two as well as steaming performance. Any input would be appreciated.

neutro

#2: Post by neutro »

I can't compare as I only tried the Pro 700 (I own it). In terms of parts, temp stability and steaming performances, the two machines should score equally high. The two are pretty standard E61 machines so parts abound. The two are PID'ed with good temp stability records. Steaming should be about as good, unless perhaps the Lucca can use 20A mode or 220 V?

IMHO this is a though choice if both machines are available to you. It will come down to aesthetics, personal preferences, etc. I for one love the Pro 700 but would like to try the joysticks on the Lucca.

SonVolt

#3: Post by SonVolt »

It was down to those two as well when I made my purchase. I ended up going with the Profitec because of the neater internal layout and stainless steel boilers.

jon.sauer (original poster)

#4: Post by jon.sauer (original poster) »

I appreciate the responses. It really is coming down to looks for me and then also the cleaner layout of the internals on the Profitec. I like the stainless steel boilers although in my home environment I dont see that as being a huge difference. The larger boilers in the Profitec appeal to me.

brianl

#5: Post by brianl »

The problem here is that most have only tried one of the machines and they are going to recommend that one.

Get whatever looks best. My V2b can use 20A mode so im sure the LUCCA can. Most of the ones in the US will be 110V so youll have to probably import for 220v.

neutro

#6: Post by neutro »

brianl wrote:The problem here is that most have only tried one of the machines and they are going to recommend that one.
Indeed. But on the other hand this likely shows that they're both great choices if nobody regrets their purchase.
My V2b can use 20A mode so im sure the LUCCA can.
This is something the Profitec doesn't have. The Lucca also has different PID settings for the brew and steam boilers I think (whereas the Profitec share the P, I, D parameters across the two boilers). That being said, on 110V 20A, you can still trip the breaker trying to use the two boilers simultaneously, and for my usage I have no complaint with respect to recovery time on 110V 15A with PID parameters being the same on both boilers.

Also, part of the messy look of the Lucca internals is due to the fact that it has more solenoid valves (and/or sensors?). There is only so much you can do to hide several feet of wiring inside a small cube. The position of the pump motor is also supposedly better on the Lucca (it's right under the brew boiler on the Pro 700).

All of this however is minor nitpicking. The two machines are both excellent performers with top notch finish. They would presumably feel pretty much the same during usage (except for the spring-loaded valves vs joysticks I guess).

SonVolt

#7: Post by SonVolt »

My recessed lighting already pulsates with my Profitec in 15A, I don't know if my kitchen could handle both boilers being on simultaneously.

Shife

#8: Post by Shife »

Hard to go wrong with either. Clive Coffee has been great to work with and I love my Lucca M58.

briankim

#9: Post by briankim »

What about IZZO ALEX DUETTO 3.0? How does that compare with Profitec Pro 700 and Lucca M58?
I'm considering these 3 machines for my next upgrade.

neutro

#10: Post by neutro replying to briankim »

Another E61 DB so very similar. In my case I scratched it off my list because it's significantly more expensive in Canada ($500 more than the Pro 700). I like the curved side panels a lot on the IAD3 but I prefer the look of the PID controller on the Profitec. Also I think space is a bit tight between drip tray and portafilter on the IAD3. Again, nitpicks...