Pressurestat rises to over 2.0 bar!

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bblakeky

#1: Post by bblakeky »

Hi Eric,

Well, I'm back with another issue. Seems like I am on a 6-month cycle with repairs to my 2 year old Rocket Cellini. Just this weekend the pressure rose to over 2.0 when heating up. I ran some steam, but it only dropped a little and slowly at that. Faulty p-stat, I presume? Do you know which p-stat Rockets use?

Thanks!

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

To answer your question, they use primarily a Sirai but a Parker would be a suitable replacement.

In addition you may be able to rebuild that existing pstat and/or change wire positions to a new set of contacts.

Post a pic of your pstat wiring and trace it out to the heating element or (hopefully not) the control box.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Odd, Sirai pressurestats are built like a tank and usually last years if not decades. The Sirai's can be rebuilt if the diaphragm is the cause of the issue and as Eric mentions they have multiple contacts so if a set of points burns out you can just switch to an alternate set.
Dave Stephens

bblakeky (original poster)

#4: Post by bblakeky (original poster) »

Good news, there are two spare contacts. One wire goes to the thermostat and the other to the heating element. Should I just try the other contacts?

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

Sure, just swap the wires with no other adjustments until you see the results.

If that proves fruitless, I would descale the pressure pipe leading to the pstat and buy a diaphragm rebuild kit from a nearby site sponsor.
Skål,

Eric S.

#6: Post by bblakeky (original poster) »

I relocated the wires to the secondary contacts and now it does not heat up at all. Perhaps I should just replace the pstat or is there something else going on. Thanks for your patience.

erics
Supporter ★

#7: Post by erics »

Has the little red button on that nearby safety thermostat popped up? Do you have a voltmeter handy?

Check your wiring to make sure the ends are, in fact, making contact with the switch metal. Sounds kinda silly, I know . . . but the wiring for that lower terminal can be a little tricky.
Skål,

Eric S.

stefano65
Sponsor

#8: Post by stefano65 »

By the way the pictured one is a parker
but all the infos above are to follow
not sure though if there is a rebuild kit available for them (Parker Pstats)

EHHHHHHH
revision is not a PARKER is a 20A smaller SIRAI me bad
I should had look at the stock before writing on this post :oops:
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

#9: Post by bblakeky (original poster) »

I did notice that the little red button appeared to be popped up. I applied just a little pressure to see if it was a reset button but it didn't seem to move. I didn't want to apply too much pressure. I'll check it tonight more closely and also test it with a voltmeter.

#10: Post by bblakeky (original poster) »

OK, I have power and it heats up, but the pressure keeps rising well above 1.1. I assume next stop is replacing the PSAT or rebuilding the diaphragm? Is re building difficult?