Pressurestat failure?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
richardsaddiction

#1: Post by richardsaddiction »

Vibiemme Junior HX with Jaeger pstat.

Big pressure release sound in my kitchen this afternoon, definitely sounded like the pressure release valve, steam coming out all over and steamed up the gauges. No water as far as I can tell. Walked over to the kitchen and see my pressure up over 2 bar and heater light still on. Turned it off, opened the steam wand to bleed the pressure off down below 1. Turned it back on and let it heat up back up; heater did not shut off until past 1.5 bar (but it did turn off) while normally off at 1.3. Let fully cool for the evening. Fired it back up and now it just keeps going, no turning off. Turned the pressurestat adjustment screw all the way up and down and just doesn't seem to click off while on, but I do feel it click when turning clockwise (toward higher pressure I believe), hard to describe.

So is this a failed/failing pressurestat, or a deeper controller problem? Its just 13 months old and used pretty lightly, say 3 days a week on average for a few hours.

I assume these are easy to replace, yes? One fitting and a few electrical connectors? Will call 1st line in the morning and plead mercy for a warranty replacement!

duke-one

#2: Post by duke-one »

I've had an on occasional over-pressure problem with the steam boiler on my Linea. It has happened 2-3 times since new (about a year old). I bought a new pressurestat but have not installed it yet. On my machine and I think in yours, the pressurestat is the only control element so trouble shooting is straight forward. Replacement is easy, unplug machine and pull connectors off the control then use two wrenches to avoid twisting whatever the control is screwed into. Reconnect and set the pressure to your desired level. Hope this helps.
KDM

Advertisement
erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

So is this a failed/failing pressurestat, or a deeper controller problem?
Hopefully, it is a simple pstat replacement but you need to ensure that the pstat controls the heating element directly and NOT through an intermediate relay in the "black box".

Trace the wires and/or post some pics.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com