Pressure gauge infested with little insects - How to open it or find replacement - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
weebit_nutty

#11: Post by weebit_nutty »

yikes!!! clearly these gauges aren't sealed.. Shouldn't they be? I always assumed so but I guess that's no the case.

I must make sure to ask next time I'm buying a machine (so that dust and dirt don't get it, ants--not so much a concern).
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

olddogTim

#12: Post by olddogTim »

I would think that they had to go through the tube to get in the gauge. :roll:
Getting old STINKS, but it's better than not getting old! Tim

Advertisement
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by FotonDrv »

Steamed ants and coffee, YUM! :shock:
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

sweaner

#14: Post by sweaner »

"Honey, I found a new apartment...and it has HEAT!"
Scott
LMWDP #248

halloleo (original poster)

#15: Post by halloleo (original poster) »

weebit_nutty wrote:yikes!!! clearly these gauges aren't sealed.. Shouldn't they be? I always assumed so but I guess that's no the case.

I must make sure to ask next time I'm buying a machine (so that dust and dirt don't get it, ants--not so much a concern).
and
olddogTim wrote:I would think that they had to go through the tube to get in the gauge. :roll:
I guess - and hope! - they came through the housing of the pressure gauge. As somebody mentioned, the housing is just a press fit...

But I'm worried now: if they came through the insideof the boiler, there might be still insects in there - how can I check???

Paul_Pratt

#16: Post by Paul_Pratt »

They came in through the gauge housing which is not sealed and has easy access. Quite a common thing, well cockroaches not ants. There is absolutely no way they came in through the pipes via the boiler.

halloleo (original poster)

#17: Post by halloleo (original poster) »

Paul_Pratt wrote:There is absolutely no way they came in through the pipes via the boiler.
Thanks Paul. I guess they DID come through the housing. I'll clean it out and all should be good then! :-)