Pre-infusion, or water feed, for dummies

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pocojoe

#1: Post by pocojoe »

Hi Everyone,

I need to set up a stand to accept bottled water to feed a LSM rotary pump (Procon) espresso machine. I've looked through several pages trying to find the summary thread that was posted that shows a great "how-to" for those with machines that should be, but cannot be, plumbed in.

My recollection is that there is a great how-to (CannonFodder?) that summarized how to start with a 5 gallon jug of water, pressurize it with a small flowjet like setup, put it into a preinfusion bubble chamber at 2 atmospheres or so feed to the machine, and where in the setup to put the charcoal filter and paper filter. thread included electrical and stop valve recommendations. I can't seem to find it.

Dan, or others, if you could find the link I would be most grateful.

Regards,

PocoJoe
PocoJoe
Safety Third- First Roast, then Grind

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

Not that I recall doing. I did on on how to plumb in a float valve so you do not need to refill a reservoir fed machine among other. This one is in the FAQ

Do most plumb-in machines require external pressure?
Dave Stephens

pocojoe (original poster)

#3: Post by pocojoe (original poster) »

YES! thank you- not exactly what I remember, but it made reference to the foot valve and that is what I was trying to recall the name of. Many thanks, case closed.
PocoJoe
Safety Third- First Roast, then Grind