Pre-infusion on rocket evoluzione?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
spiffdude

#1: Post by spiffdude »

Hello there,

I've been reading some stuff on the rocket machine that goes along these lines:

"Pre-infusion Dual pre-infusion system: mechanical pre-infusion system with progressively working piston and static pre-infusion chamber. This reflects into smooth coffee extraction with optimum aroma, body and crema."

This is from sites that sell the machine in Canada... ok, does this refer to the fact you can sort of use the middle lever position on a machine that is connected to a water line? Or is it just some verbiage to sum up how the E61 works in general. The manual that came with the machine is not very useful. I could e-mail Rocket, they seemed helpful the last time i sent a question but wanted to check-in with you guys first.
Damn this forum, I've had too m..muh...mah..mmmm..much caffeine!

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

spiffdude wrote:Or is it just some verbiage to sum up how the E61 works in general.
That's correct.

E61 Group Espresso Machine: Is its reputation justified? discusses the E61 patent; its claim of novelty is based exclusively on automated preinfusion ("But such machines present the inconvenience that the water infusion rapidly permeates and crosses the dose of coffee powder, and does not allow sufficient time for the preparation of infusion, while, on the contrary, this is possible particularly with devices with a piston which can be operated by hand."). Searching "E61 preinfusion" found a few other interesting discussions of this subject.
Dan Kehn

xriddler

#3: Post by xriddler »

Sorry to bump such an old thread but what are a few machines in the market that provide manual preinfusion that is in the $3000 or less price range.

kize

#4: Post by kize »

Pretty much all classic E61 machines with manual lever. In your price range- an Alex duetto would be a fair example. That is a e61 group head. The rest of most machines has to do with how it handles water- brew , steam etc.