Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 93

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JmanEspresso

#921: Post by JmanEspresso »

That the Synesso Sabre?

Do you still get to work with Pre-infusion, like in a programmable sort of way.. Or is it just a gicluer in the brew path?

But VERY COOL!!!

networkcrasher

#922: Post by networkcrasher »

Where's da speedster and the Nino?? :-O

Advertisement
EricC
Supporter ♡

#923: Post by EricC »

I suspect that they are in Hong Kong.

networkcrasher

#924: Post by networkcrasher »

Ah, I was thinking he moved his entire kit to their house.. Lots of logistics going on there. :-)

gyro

#925: Post by gyro »

JmanEspresso wrote:That the Synesso Sabre?

Do you still get to work with Pre-infusion, like in a programmable sort of way.. Or is it just a gicluer in the brew path?
Yup, Sabre. Got it a while back 2nd hand for a very decent price, so its been largely in storage waiting for me to eventually get back to NZ to open a cafe. Thought I had better use it while I was here (holiday).

Only a .6mm gicluer, although I am going to bring down my profiling rig when I get a chance. I need to look for the electrical quick disconnects I hopefully packed so I can rewire the pump for it. Most likely it will actually be someone else bringing it down for me - 2 kids necessitates enough luggage as it is, and two flights to boot Hong Kong - Auckland - Christchurch. Its got 3 separate brew paths (probably the same set-up I think as the Hydra). So it currently goes... mains water - pump - manifold split - 3 x flowmeters - 3 x heat exchangers through steam boiler - 3 x individual groups. So I'll just split the water feed before the heat exchangers and should be no prob to profile one group without affecting the others.
networkcrasher wrote:Lots of logistics going on there.
Does 100kg of luggage count? I hate travelling long haul at the best of times, but a newborn and a 2 year old bring a new level of dread.

Cheers, Chris

networkcrasher

#926: Post by networkcrasher »

Well hell, Chris. Let me know next time, and I'll send Watson over with the jet! 8)

eastpresso

#927: Post by eastpresso »

The machine is pretty rare (NZ and Australia only?) maybe you can put some more pictures/info in the Espresso Machines forum. Black button on the right side of the group is the manual switch, front is for volumetric (flowmeter)?

(congrats on your newborn :) !)

Advertisement
gyro

#928: Post by gyro »

networkcrasher wrote:Well hell, Chris. Let me know next time, and I'll send Watson over with the jet! 8)
It would be nice to not actually be 'Watson' for a change!
eastpresso wrote:The machine is pretty rare (NZ and Australia only?) maybe you can put some more pictures/info in the Espresso Machines forum. Black button on the right side of the group is the manual switch, front is for volumetric (flowmeter)?
If there are any specific photos you are interested in, let me know.

Synesso Sabre!

Yeah I believe only NZ/AUS, although I am not really sure why thats the case. Black button is manual overide, which is all I use at the moment. Front panel is indeed flowmeter control, which is actually reportedly very accurate as the flowmeters dose cold water prior to the HXs.
eastpresso wrote:(congrats on your newborn :) !)
Thanks! Hard work though...

spumoni

#929: Post by spumoni »

Hello all, first post here. I've sort of lost my mind over the past 10 years with espresso, and the home equipment kept getting bigger and bigger in quest of the perfect shot... still haven't got there yet, but thought I'd share my set up. My equipment certainly exceeds my abilities, but I've been learning a lot over the years. I'm also including some pictures of the roaster only because it took a lot of effort to get it, and even more effort install it. I stole the idea to chop the cyclone and hang it on the wall to save floor space, which involved installing an actuator and a potentiometer on the control panel of the roaster so I didn't have to stand on a chair to control the damper. Enjoy!

JmanEspresso

#930: Post by JmanEspresso »

Upstate Ny huh? Nice! I'm Hudson Valley Region mostly, but also in the Adirondacks during certain parts of the year... How about you? There is a spare few of us Non-City New Yorkers on the boards, and it's always great to welcome a new member that's close by! So. . . Welcome!

...And, That your HOME setup? Man, I really hope you're somewhat close by. . You've got the makings of a serious NY Home Barista jam right there my friend! :D Seriously though, very cool indeed.