Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 53

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Espressomattic123

#521: Post by Espressomattic123 »

Hey Pablo

I love the MPN. Far outweighs a Mazzer. I use mainly for Espresso (Between 5 and 3.5) and Aeropress (12). It is a great, consistent machine, if a little noisy and a bugger to clean. The sweep is great and very little left hand throw.

espressme

#522: Post by espressme »

Noted the problems myself and here are simple solutions to the Faema MPN goofs.
Here for Doser mod
Here for interlock cheat
Enjoy!
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

Espressomattic123

#523: Post by Espressomattic123 »

Hey Richard, fancy meeting you here. I ended up removing the whole autofill set up, but kept the hopper on as the missus liked it! I must get to work on that hopper mod though...one day...maybe ;)

SlowRain

#524: Post by SlowRain »

norfbech wrote:My fairly humble set up...
Nice. Your setup is quite similar to what I'm looking for.

Is that a Grindenstein knock box? If it is, how well does it fit on the drip tray under the portafilter? (A pic would be great if it's not too much trouble, as it may help me with the wife factor). How old is the Classic? If you don't mind my asking: What did you pay for it?

[dumb, nosy question]What's on the back of the counter just to the left of the Classic?[/dumb, nosy question]

zin1953

#525: Post by zin1953 »

SlowRain wrote:Is that a Grindenstein knock box? If it is, how well does it fit on the drip tray under the portafilter?
OK, I'll ask: why would you want/need it to?
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

espressme

#526: Post by espressme »

:My Bad Right answer to the wrong question. Not Faema request
richard penney LMWDP #090,

zin1953

#527: Post by zin1953 »

Richard:

1) Your links are backwards (the "knockbox" takes to to the autotamp, and vice-versa).

2) While I can certainly understand the benefits to having a knockbox with a removable bottom for easier cleaning, I still don't understand why you would need a knockbox to fit on top of the drip tray underneath a portafilter . . .

What am I missing? Image

Bushrod

#528: Post by Bushrod »

zin1953 wrote:OK, I'll ask: why would you want/need it to?
To have a space to store it off of the counter top.
Rich A

LMWDP #131

zin1953

#529: Post by zin1953 »

Ahhh . . . I was thinking that it was somehow useful in making espresso/cleaning up afterwards to put the knockbox under the portafilter . . . .

norfbech

#530: Post by norfbech »

SlowRain wrote:Nice. Your setup is quite similar to what I'm looking for.

Is that a Grindenstein knock box? If it is, how well does it fit on the drip tray under the portafilter? (A pic would be great if it's not too much trouble, as it may help me with the wife factor). How old is the Classic? If you don't mind my asking: What did you pay for it?

[dumb, nosy question]What's on the back of the counter just to the left of the Classic?[/dumb, nosy question]
Sorry - yes it fits snugly (and yes it's a Grindenstein) under the gasket when your machine is in 'me time' mode. I'll post up a pic tomorrow so you can show the missus :) (of the knocking box under the tray...nothing, god foribid, salacious!).
If the portafilter is slotted in then the grinding box teeters on the edge of the tray rather than a snug fit...but whilst you're ready to make coffee then the box wouldn't really need to be on the tray anyway. It's a lovely designed object and the perfect size for the 4-6 espresso's a day. If you're referring to the metal stacking items...well they're just storage for tea/sugar/ (and excuse me here) granulated coffee :twisted: