Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 468

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RikC

#4671: Post by RikC »

It's been a while. Updated my equipment a bit since then. A new grinder a Eureka Atom, an extra scale next to the Lunar and Orphan Espresso dosing funnel (very useful to prevent spilling). And the latest aditition is a little project I've been doing of adding an external reservoir connected to internal one more than doubling the capacity and allowing for easy filling. Also now you to see how much water remains; a small thing but it makes such difference :D

Details about the reservoir in the LMLM thread, no machine modification was needed... La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

alpine0000

#4672: Post by alpine0000 »

-La Marzocco Linea Mini
-Kafatek Monolith Conical
-Acaia Lunar scale
-Mahlgut Dozer distribution tool
-Mahlgut Buzzer tamper
-VST baskets

idrinkjetfuel

#4673: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

alpine0000 wrote:-La Marzocco Linea Mini
-Acaia Lunar scale
-Mahlgut Buzzer tamper
-VST baskets

<image>
Wow! Uber sweet setup William. Great first post...

BaristaBoy E61

#4674: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

alpine0000 wrote:-La Marzocco Linea Mini
-Acaia Lunar scale
-Mahlgut Buzzer tamper
-VST baskets

<image>

Beautiful setup William!

What's your take on the Mahlgut Dozer & Buzzer? Have they improved your shots?
Would you buy them again or would you choose something else?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Nickriders

#4675: Post by Nickriders »

Coffeeroaster2 wrote:<image>
I need that coffee table, where to? Its looks amazing
Nice setup

Coffeeroaster2

#4676: Post by Coffeeroaster2 »

Hi there - IKEA in Aus. Check there web site. Comes in a flat pack you assemble. Cheers - Chris

alpine0000

#4677: Post by alpine0000 »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Beautiful setup William!

What's your take on the Mahlgut Dozer & Buzzer? Have they improved your shots?
Would you buy them again or would you choose something else?
Thanks.

I love the Dozer and Buzzer, and would buy them again in a second. I don't know that I can "taste" an improvement in the cup from them, but it has made my distribution and tamping 100% consistent and repeatable.

All the stuff in the pic I highly recommend... But then I have some things that got thrown into my junk drawer that I just couldn't ever really get into, like the Lyn Weber Blind Shaker, Coffee Catcha dosing funnel, Hario V60 scale, the Rattleware Tamper, and about a dozen other small items I bought thinking I'd love, and then threw them in the junk drawer after a week. The Mahlgut Dozer and Buzzer are here to stay, though!

CwD

#4678: Post by CwD »

New espresso worktable! Old one has been moved to the side to act as a roasting table. Thing is crazy sturdy, a much better height for usability, and has some nice storage options with drawers, a shelf, and a pegboard.

A few other changes since last time too: a different LevTamp (49.5mm this time, and the thinner base), a KafaTek grooming tool, a Tidaka funnel, a Jericho J-500, a water mixing setup, some new brewing stuff, and most excitingly, a Naked Espresso pressure gauge.

The makeup mirror mounted to the pegboard can pull out to work as a shot mirror.

JmanEspresso

#4679: Post by JmanEspresso »

I LOVE the shot mirror!

I, for a long time, had a little shaving mirror I found in a travel shaving kit, it was a perfect small little mirror that had a little stand built in, one side was a regular mirror, the other side was magnified, and it was nice and small so it fit right on the drip tray of an E61. And then when had a Vivaldi I had a mirror I bought from EPNW that stuck onto the back wall.. could work on any machine type with that design(like an LM, or basically, just not an E61 lol)

Sadly, I broke that little shaving mirror. Havent found a good replacement, but I also only randomly look, when I remember too, when Im in the type of store that would have it. It was a great little tool to have, and with the popularity of the bottomless PF, Im surprised its not a more popular thing. Of course the slayer has one built in, prob a couple other machine do too.

CwD

#4680: Post by CwD »

JmanEspresso wrote:I LOVE the shot mirror!
Used it today for the first time (didn't get it set up until laaate last night) and it works really well! Can see the bottom of the basket, the pressure gauge, and the scale all from one spot. Even with the tiny gap between the cup and bottom of the portafilter. I could never get it quite right with the little one I had before.

I'm really surprised I haven't seen a retractable makeup mirror used for this before. It fits the use case so well.