Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 296

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tcm3

#2951: Post by tcm3 »

beanhopper737 wrote:I admit to being a little defeated by the whole pre-infusion thing. I have experimented with lifting the brew lever to the intermediate position for varying lengths of time, up to 10-seconds perhaps, but I don't think I'm getting any pre-infusion going on. Occasionally I'll remove the portafilter to check and it is always as dry as a bone.
You have to go beyond intermediate. Intermediate is just off with the flush drain closed. On my Vetrano I need to go halfway between intermediate and full on. You will hear the water push through the group and see the pressure drop. I get a decent pre-infusion with 2.5 bar line pressure off my RO system.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#2952: Post by FotonDrv »

Very nice Davin :)

The Lever sure can produce good shots.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Manny the Martian

#2953: Post by Manny the Martian »

We used to have a Linea 2AV, which we recently sold to make way for this.
Extremely pleased with the Speedster. It is truly an extraordinary espresso machine.

drgary
Team HB

#2954: Post by drgary »

Nice starter setup.* That'll work! :mrgreen:

* On Mars. Dream machine, really.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

cebseb

#2955: Post by cebseb »

I never get tired of seeing all these amazing setups. Keep them coming!

JmanEspresso

#2956: Post by JmanEspresso »

So cool. Can't not like the Speedy.

Aaron

#2957: Post by Aaron »

Now that's some stellar equipment!
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

Manny the Martian

#2958: Post by Manny the Martian »

drgary wrote:Nice starter setup.* That'll work! :mrgreen:

* On Mars. Dream machine, really.
JmanEspresso wrote:So cool. Can't not like the Speedy.
Aaron wrote:Now that's some stellar equipment!
Thanks.

Not sure if I can ever go back to a machine without a gated shifter. That thing is just to fun.

Despite the obvious fact of being "just" an espresso machine, and thus basically an assortment of copper, aluminium and steel parts with a bit of electronics thrown in, there is something special about Speedster.
Using it does provide a certain atmosphere. A bit of theatre. An almost organic feeling if you will. Much more so than our previous machines. I can't compare to lever and MP machines, but I can guess they provide much of the same feeling albeit with an added level of complexity(?) which is nonexistent in the Speedster. It's just so easy and intuitive to use.

dcupstateNY

#2959: Post by dcupstateNY »

cebseb wrote:I never get tired of seeing all these amazing setups. Keep them coming!
+1 gorgeous machine!
Ciao,
Dave

LMWDP: #346

drgary
Team HB

#2960: Post by drgary »

Levers are less complex than anything else. That's their charm. The PID temp control on my commercial lever increases its ease of use. I guess what you get with any high end machine is consistency. But that Speedster has an amazing look to it too.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!