Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 272

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cuppajoe

#2711: Post by cuppajoe »

From what I've seen, it's basically a Gaggia Classic, so lots of resources about maintenance, hot rodding, and use. Always liked the looks of the thing, reminds me of 50s and early 60s sci-fi paperback covers.

Should be good with the right grinder.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Chris2014

#2712: Post by Chris2014 »

Here's my little Coffee station
thanks

Advertisement
SomersetDee

#2713: Post by SomersetDee »

Update!

New stainless steel portafilters from La Marzocco modified to fit Gaggia

Water and heat resistant LED down lights (mix of warm and cool white) with power drawn from the cup warmer, so I can use the front switch to turn the lights on or off.

Kind regards

Dee

trumz

#2714: Post by trumz »

Hey Dee, what kind of lights are those?

Recently refurbished this M29. Almost got the hang of it...

caffeinatedjen
Supporter ❤

#2715: Post by caffeinatedjen »

Nice job, looks gorgeous!

lain2097

#2716: Post by lain2097 »

My little espresso corner, the beans are in glass jars in the cupboard above. Hottop is also stashed away.

Keeps the kitchen area very clean and modern looking, even though it's like 10k+ worth of metal. :roll: Strange, when looking around this thread that some have crazy set ups like mine yet tired old looking kitchens? Dunno I find that odd.

drgary
Team HB

#2717: Post by drgary »

$10K must have blown their remodeling budget. At least they have their priorities right -- great espresso toys come first!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
SomersetDee

#2718: Post by SomersetDee »

Hi Kyle

The lights are high CRI intensity(93+!!!) SMD LED "3020" encased in waterproof and heat resistant silicone. It is probably intended for the automobile industry, but I found it suits well to be located on a surface nearly at boiling temperature almost constantly. So far I have not noticed any dimming. I have used amber along with cool-white. You can also get other colours like warm white, pink, red, green, blue and violet (uv). The strips can be cut up to 3 LEDs (shortest), you can buy strips with any length. They are brighter than you may expect!

The connectors are easy the LED strip can be cut every 3 LEDs, then using crimp terminals connected to a constant voltage driver capable of working in high ambient heat environment (about 3cm cube bought from China for £1.93p !! wait a minute... that is inclusive of postage!!)

The power drawn by LED is miniscule, so a very low power regulator/driver is all you need. If you draw it from your espresso machine internals, the machine won't even notice it.

The strips do come with a 3M sticky glue backing, however, I needed to use other gluing mechanisms to anchor it. Again, a flexible silicone glue is the best.

Overall effect:

The LED:

@Lain2097 I have skipped the kitchen entirely and opted for the living room with separate plumbing through the bay window. It is nice in a living room. Easy to serve guests. The milk fridge is right next to it. It completely avoids a trip to the kitchen and also spares our small British kitchens from further assault.
Thanks for reading.
Regards Dee

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#2719: Post by Terranova »

My hippopotamus and the "Frankengrinder" (DIY 83 hybrid) :)
Kitchen is a mess like always.

vberch

#2720: Post by vberch »

Hi Frank, it looks great!! Do you still have your Speedster or Synesso replaced your Speedster?