Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 270

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
UFGators

#2691: Post by UFGators »

Well actually, I had three.. one was a cremina that I didnt take the time to fully learn to use.. I got a big impatient and I do not like the baby sized portafilters.. I had a Strega that I really liked but I wanted a plumbed in machine. I have nothing bad to say about the strega. I think it's the best machine you can buy, lever or pump, in the under 2000 price range new. I suffer from a severe case of upgraditis... I do think the Bosco is better, but not by a lot... it's more different that better or worse than the Strega.

TazzaJP

#2692: Post by TazzaJP »

After a lifetime of using a moka pot, I have purchased my first espresso machine:

sweaner

#2693: Post by sweaner »

Nice black BDB. What is that thing in the corner?
Scott
LMWDP #248

TazzaJP

#2694: Post by TazzaJP replying to sweaner »

Thanks! Very happy with the choice of color. That's a Sodastream in the corner.

bean2friends

#2695: Post by bean2friends »

It is a nice looking machine. Is that round piece on the upper left a tamper?

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#2696: Post by uscfroadie »

Love that black contrasting against the polished stainless.
bean2friends wrote:Is that round piece on the upper left a tamper?
Yes. The machine comes with a tamper that is held in place with magnets when not in use. It's pretty slick though not Reg Barber quality. Still, it fits the 58mm baskets perfectly.
Merle

Espresso_Monkey

#2697: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

TazzaJP wrote:After a lifetime of using a moka pot, I have purchased my first espresso machine:
How do you feel? Are you enjoying it?

TazzaJP

#2698: Post by TazzaJP replying to Espresso_Monkey »

This is Day Two, mind you, but so far, I couldn't be happier with the machine. I've already 'pulled' several balanced shots. I have much to learn in the latte-art department, but the steaming seems more than adequate to create good micro-foam. And the Vario I bought a couple months ago pairs well with the BDB, thankfully. All in all, a great setup and value. I owe a lot of you in these forums a debt of gratitude for helping me ID and narrow my options, and I hope to prove helpful to others as I gain some experience and ingest far too much caffeine.

Finally, for anyone out there wondering if the BDB in Black Sesame looks sharp enough to adorn a kitchen counter or dining-room sidebar, I can say that, IMO, it certainly does.

-JP

beanhopper737

#2699: Post by beanhopper737 »

Here is the new setup: Profitec Pro 700 and Ceado E37S after I finally got the direct plumbing installed. The only thing possibly interesting is that I ran the plumbing through the cabinet overhead, so I could turn off the water supply in handy fashion if I so desire. You can kind of see the plumbing in the first picture, with the cupboard door left open.

Espresso_Monkey

#2700: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

beanhopper737 wrote: Here is the new setup: Profitec Pro 700 and Ceado E37S after I finally got the direct plumbing installed. The only thing possibly interesting is that I ran the plumbing through the cabinet overhead, so I could turn off the water supply in handy fashion if I so desire. You can kind of see the plumbing in the first picture, with the cupboard door left open.
With line pressure you can perform a nice pre-infusion. Have you tried it?