Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 268

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jasonb

#2671: Post by jasonb »

Randy G. wrote:The only people here who didn't notice are the ones who did not turn on their computer! That wasn't a lucky find- it was a religious experience! What a marvelous machine!
Sure beat the hell out of the Silvia I was hoping to maybe find to upgrade my saeco aroma that day. It haphazardly launched me into the insanely wonderful world of vintage lever machines. It's a good kind of crazy. Several versions of pavonis and a cappuccino amore later, I think I may need therapy. I keep telling people that they're like pieces of art that also happen to make great coffee but they just don't get it ;) till they try a cup.
Looking back, I would've paid 4x what I got it for in a heartbeat. Can't believe I hesitated and even negotiated at the time.
Thanks again Gary for reaching out to zacconi and Cara to find out more about this. Was much appreciated.

If anyone's interested, I came up with a different way to remove the piston spring after getting frustrated with the c clamp thing. Might be helpful for any other spring lever users out there. Just not sure if this is the right thread for that?

drgary
Team HB

#2672: Post by drgary »

jasonb wrote:Thanks again Gary for reaching out to zacconi and Cara to find out more about this. Was much appreciated.

If anyone's interested, I came up with a different way to remove the piston spring after getting frustrated with the c clamp thing. Might be helpful for any other spring lever users out there. Just not sure if this is the right thread for that?
I know Christopher so asked that awhile back when I saw one locally on Craigslist. It's pretty unique.

You won't cause problems showing the spring removal method in this thread but it will be easier to find in its own thread. Looking forward to seeing that. On my Conti Prestina I built a huge spring clamp and then found out there are holes to grip and unscrew the piston from the spring without all that drama and danger.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

brianl

#2673: Post by brianl »

Just received the machine today. So Shiney :D

andykho

#2674: Post by andykho »

I'm currently quite satisfied with current setup:
- Vibiemme Domobar V3 2011, plumbed to water galon underneath with flojet & accumulator tank. Upgraded the shower screen with IMS Competition.
- Baratza Forte AP, which I consider suitable for home usage because of minimum ground retention.
- VST Pullman tamper, VST basket, IMS basket, bottomless PF, AWS Scale.

Espresso_Monkey

#2675: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

andykho wrote:
I'm currently quite satisfied with current setup:
- Vibiemme Domobar V3 2011, plumbed to water galon underneath with flojet & accumulator tank. Upgraded the shower screen with IMS Competition.
- Baratza Forte AP, which I consider suitable for home usage because of minimum ground retention.
- VST Pullman tamper, VST basket, IMS basket, bottomless PF, AWS Scale.
Andy, did you source in Jakarta or needed to come to Singapore?

Evilsports

#2676: Post by Evilsports »

Just got it unboxed and tentatively set up tonight. Still working out a solid work flow so I may shuffle things yet.

SlowRain

#2677: Post by SlowRain »

Oooh! In my old stomping grounds, no less. Welcome to the forum. Nice, clean, neat setup you have there. Where do you get your beans in S'toon?

andykho

#2678: Post by andykho »

Espresso_Monkey wrote:Andy, did you source in Jakarta or needed to come to Singapore?
Hi, I get everything locally in either Jakarta or Bandung. Now we have several coffee enthusiasts who source & sell specialty equipment. Mine mostly came from toffinproduct, CoffeeHQ.biz, and philocoffeeproject.

Evilsports

#2679: Post by Evilsports »

SlowRain wrote:Oooh! In my old stomping grounds, no less. Welcome to the forum. Nice, clean, neat setup you have there. Where do you get your beans in S'toon?
I picked up a half dozen pounds of Blackcat at Collective Coffee and dialed my machines in with that. I've got a pound of MK6, I think it's called, from Museo. I'm looking forward to running that one through, I really enjoy it down at their shop.

My father just received a 5lb bag of Redbird through the mail and depending on his review of it, I may do the same thing.

STCE

#2680: Post by STCE »

FIRST upgrade for my Rancilio Miss Lucy with PID for brewtemp and steam control and some LED light for better lighting.

*** First upgrade build pictures here ***
SECOND upgrade: Steam valve, steam wand and knob, Rancilio Silvia v2 -> v3

My coffee corner the favorite place in the kitchen :D