Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 266

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mark_M

#2651: Post by mark_M »

Here's my new Izzo!

I will update when I get the grinder and press in September. :)

jdrobison

#2652: Post by jdrobison »

The Duetto 3 is great, eh?! I've really been loving mine and now that I have it plumbed it, I'm pulling shots like beans are free!

haunce

#2653: Post by haunce »

jdrobison

#2654: Post by jdrobison »

I added some finishing touches to the coffee bar, including a shelf and light. I've seen a lot of lighting mentioned in past posts and I thought that this one I just got served my needs so well that I'd share it.

Here's the completed coffee bar and you can see the lamp between the grinders

You can see in this closeup that it's just a simple little desk lamp from Ikea. It was $9.99!

(BTW...that white thing you see trying to hide behind the grinder is a Belkin WeMo and I love it! I used to control it with IFTTT but now they have an app and I can turn on/off my Duetto from anywhere and also have it programmed to automatically turn on an hour before I wake up and then turn off at night in case I forget. It's pretty sweet!)

What I'm loving about the lamp is that the neck is ridiculously flexible and the base is heavy enough that I can stretch it out fully right where it sits.

There's enough light now to check my extractions with a mirror.

Or when it's a dark morning and I need a little extra light for my brewing

Just like the Ikea desk that fit perfectly into the old indoor grill space and the $15 stainless Ikea shelf, The $10 Ikea lamp is the best solution for me. I was about to order a $30 Ottlite that I don't think would have given me nearly as much utility as this guy. It's called Jansjo. I don't know how long it will be on this URL but here it is for now http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/

jdrobison

#2655: Post by jdrobison »

Such a sweet grinder, Haunce!

mark_M

#2656: Post by mark_M »

jdrobison wrote:The Duetto 3 is great, eh?! I've really been loving mine and now that I have it plumbed it, I'm pulling shots like beans are free!
Ha! Yes I pulled a bunch already too. Just fiddling around trying to see what flavors I can get. Plumbing it in is the only way to go.

Unfortunately the temp sensor on the steam boiler failed on me after 2 days! I guess this just my bad luck because I don't see anyone else posting about temp sensor failures. Naturally it had to happen on a 3 day weekend too. Microwaved milk really doesn't cut it for a latte. Will call them tomorrow and hopefully they will overnight a replacement. I still like the machine and the shots are nice and creamy. Not quite as "battleship-like" as the Portofino but much nicer to look at. :)

SlowRain

#2657: Post by SlowRain »

haunce wrote:<image>
Very nice. Simple and elegant--and all manual.

BV_Climber

#2658: Post by BV_Climber »

Been a long time coming for my wife and I as we've been patiently waiting to build our new town-home. Fortunately, We had the benefit of building a space for this, and it was one of the main design considerations for us. We built a 4 ft long counter top with storage cabinets on either side. Room enough for the Bezzera drawers (one side for knock box and bar towels, other drawer holds tools and misc) which houses our spro and press grinders and machine. Plumbed in the Vetrano 2B through the cupboards and behind dishwasher, about a 8 ft run to the drain line. Purchased a decent R.O. System and plumbed in the drainline like the dishwasher with the 3/8's drain line, but no problem with no atmosphere venting.

Varimathras

#2659: Post by Varimathras »

A Custom made brew bar, perfect for brewing and experimenting. The sink is way in the back, makes going back and forth a hassle.

jasonb

#2660: Post by jasonb »

Bak Ta Lo wrote:Moved house and setup a new coffee corner! Just need to mount my ES3 somewhere now...

<image>
What an awesome set up! I'd love to hear how a shot on that little rossa holds up to the cremina and strega shots.