Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 264

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jdrobison

#2631: Post by jdrobison »

This area in my kitchen was originally designed as an indoor rotisserie grill but with a bit of a modification of an Ikea desk, it converted perfectly into a coffee bar.

Mach

#2632: Post by Mach »

That is fantastic!

Coalwater

#2633: Post by Coalwater »

Hmmm, someone gave me a machine today. I was really stoked about it but looking at you guy's setups, I don't think I'm gonna post pics of it!! Great stuff, I'm jealous! :)
"You can't solve any major problems just with potatoes" -Douglas Adams

Uldall

#2634: Post by Uldall »

loks great nice machine and grinder :)

/Uldall
Bassethound.
Coffee Driven.

jdrobison

#2635: Post by jdrobison »

I had to save up all my chore money for a long time for those machines! :)
Which reminds me, if anybody is questioning whether it's worth spending more for a Mahlkonig (or whatever high-end grinder you like), I'd advise you go for it. The difference between it and the Baratza Preciso is VERY evident in the cup (not to mention, it's really enjoyable to use)!

SomersetDee

#2636: Post by SomersetDee »

Coalwater wrote:Hmmm, someone gave me a machine today. I was really stoked about it but looking at you guy's setups, I don't think I'm gonna post pics of it!! Great stuff, I'm jealous! :)
hi Etienne,
If this were a thread to show off it would not make it as beautiful. If I understand, the idea is simply to share your appreciation of coffee making equipment. Even if your set up is simply a pourover funnel thingy. It is still 'your' set up that you can be proud of and we all love to see.
regards, Dee

Randy G.

#2637: Post by Randy G. »

jdrobison wrote:... if anybody is questioning whether it's worth spending more for a Mahlkonig (or whatever high-end grinder you like), I'd advise you go for it.
My friends think I am crazy when they hear what my Kony would cost... until they taste my espresso! A grinder is a precision instrument, and with high precision comes (the potential for) better espresso and higher production costs.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Carmd1281

#2638: Post by Carmd1281 replying to Randy G. »

I third that! Love my K10 wbc, it's an absolute pleasure to use! and helps to keep me out of trouble when I screw up. Makes the process less frustrating and more pleasurable, for a newbie anyway.
Carm
New York, NY

Randy G.

#2639: Post by Randy G. »

Here is my latest addition (which is rapidly turning into the coffee den). The two cup racks were made from an old book case sort of thing. It belonged to my grandparents and sat on a sort of coffee-table size base. The shelf unit was too deep for wall mounting and was sitting in a spare room, unused. I took out the mallet and knocked the sides off to separate the shelves from the sides. The bottom was held by screws but the shelves were held in with what appeared to be hide glue. I then cut all six pieces in half on the table saw lengthwise, then reassembled them into two separate units. A few added pieces of wood for wall mounting and a few hours of sanding, staining, clear spray sealing, and steel-wool and there you go. It was worth the time since the unit is solid hardwood.

The cups have been collected for many years. A few were gifts, six of the more adult-oriented ones were my dad's, and many were mementos purchased in cities when I attended SCAA exhibitions.The BMW mug and the one to its left (HRD Vincent) were bought at the British National Motorcycle Museum when we toured Europe in '87. In the left cabinet is one of my hero, "Wicked Willy," which we bought in London at a Hallmark shop.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

caffeinatedjen
Supporter ❤

#2640: Post by caffeinatedjen »

Cool shelves! I like repurposing stuff. 8)