Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 20

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jacob

#191: Post by Jacob »

How big is the ears on that dog :shock:

cannonfodder
Team HB

#192: Post by cannonfodder replying to Jacob »

That one is plastic, but I use to have two basset hounds. Their ears would almost drag the ground. They were bred that way. They are close kin to a bloodhound and are used for tracking. The short legs put them close to the ground. When the nose is down near the ground sniffing the ears lay forward creating a small pocket around the snout. That helps to catch the scent and concentrate it around the nose. Seriously, that is why they were bred for that trait. A full grown basset is quite a bit larger than that model.
Dave Stephens

networkcrasher

#193: Post by networkcrasher »

I've seen some with callouses on their ears from dragging them around all the time.

Plus they have funny barks. We have a beagle that's somewhat similar in makeup, but a bit more 'athletic.'

Cafesp

#194: Post by Cafesp »

That's Cafesp's dream dog! :lol: and I used to have 2 of them, one missing!
cannonfodder wrote:... but I use to have two basset hounds. Their ears would almost drag the ground. They were bred that way. They are close kin to a bloodhound and are used for tracking. The short legs put them close to the ground. When the nose is down near the ground sniffing the ears lay forward creating a small pocket around the snout. That helps to catch the scent and concentrate it around the nose. Seriously, that is why they were bred for that trait. A full grown basset is quite a bit larger than that model.
We used to have a German Shepherd (pure breed) when lived in a bigger house, next Xmas " All I want for Xmas is a Basset Hound "!
A real one likes our real toys!

Cafesp
Love is in the air, Taste it!

fredfal

#195: Post by fredfal »

networkcrasher wrote:... We have a beagle that's somewhat similar in makeup, but a bit more 'athletic.'
Had to laugh a little bit at this one. My beagle (who is nearly 16) sleeps about 22 hours per day. She does have a funny bark though.
-Fred

mhoy

#196: Post by mhoy »

My used QuickMill Anita arrived a couple of weeks ago.
A slightly modified KitchenAid Proline grinder with teflon tape on the main threads and stepless.

beanmuncher

#197: Post by beanmuncher »

Gah! You're all making me want to dig out my digital camera and take a picture of my setup!

Figure the picture will be coming in the near-ish future, but here's the text version:

Bezzera BZ99* (pourover), Mazzer Mini

*Otherwise known as the Bezzera that drives me nuts with some regularity, but that makes great espresso anyway.

I'm a student who started off with a Gaggia setup and just dumped money into making good coffee... I claim it's cheaper than a crack habit.

Bex

#198: Post by Bex »

My little current setup.

kitt

#199: Post by kitt »

my set-up.hopefully cured the up-grade-itis. Hopefully!

DigMe

#200: Post by DigMe »

Randy G. wrote:<image>
Cart- J.C. Penny
Machine- Vibiemme Domobar Super
Grinder- Rocky (to be replaced very soon)
Thanks for the tip on the cart. My wife and I will probably get one of these when we have the spare cash. They still have it at $200 so hopefully the price will hold because I'm seeing similar sized carts for over $300 everywhere else.

brad